Watching the Texans game for the second time with liberal use of the rewind and slow mo buttons, and it's obvious how badly he got in their heads with his use of Derrick Henry and then running play action off of it. I know some will list statistical analysis how it works with any back,  but it's obvious how effective it is for t he Titans when DH is having success. He teases it both ways, running it constantly one series and then setting them up the next.  A real tribute to someone who put in the grunt work to get where he's gotten when he obviously had different life paths.

Nope. Its Tannehill clase closed. As for your point on playaction, thats incorrect as well. What you are referring to is running/passing out of the same formations and personnel groups to limit the defenders ability to prediagnose the play because if they don't do that, they have step up on playaction. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Nope. Its Tannehill clase closed. As for your point on playaction, thats incorrect as well. What you are referring to is running/passing out of the same formations and personnel groups to limit the defenders ability to prediagnose the play because if they don't do that, they have step up on playaction. 

Watching the TD to Humphries to go up 21-7 and it's obvious that the DB is cheating, peaking into the backfield to make sure Henry isn't coming his way and he'll be embarrassed, and lets a non burner run right by him for a wide open TD.

Edited by No1TitansFan

5 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Watching the TD to Humphries to go up 21-7 and it's obvious that the DB is cheating, peaking into the backfield to make sure Henry isn't coming his way and he'll be embarrassed, and let's a non burner run right by him for a wide open TD.

Lots of assumptions on your part. Dbs get caught looking into the backfield trying to read the QBs eyes all the time. You have no idea why he got caught flat footed. Even so you are calling out a single play to suit your narrative. Analysis of years worth of statistics on the success of playaction and its correlation to successful running has shown there is no such correlation. Case in point, the Texans success on playaction during the game despite the fact David Johnson was average at best.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Lots of assumptions on your part. Dbs get caught looking into the backfield trying to read the QBs eyes all the time. You have no idea why he got caught flat footed. Even so you are calling out a single play to suit your narrative. Analysis of years worth of statistics on the success of playaction and its correlation to successful running has shown there is no such correlation. Case in point, the Texans success on playaction during the game despite the fact David Johnson was average at best.

Every analyst I have heard has mentioned how well the system has been set up to tailor to Tanny's strengths. Let's hope we can continue to have future arguments about the root causes of the Titans continued successes.

7 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Every analyst I have heard has mentioned how well the system has been set up to tailor to Tanny's strengths. Let's hope we can continue to have future arguments about the root causes of the Titans continued successes.

Smith has been a pleasant surprise but don't kid yourself, having an elite QB is what is driving the offensive success.

2 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

That Wildcat call in OT makes me wonder lol. Silly ass call unless they planned on going on 4th

Vrabel said they would have gone for it on 4th.

15 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Smith has been a pleasant surprise but don't kid yourself, having an elite QB is what is driving the offensive success.

who's being put into an ideal situation to succeed with an elite back named Henry and a bunch of pretty good receivers; see it cuts both ways no matter how much some try to minimize one side of it to make a point. I know I should give it up, don't want to start o multi page thread.

Edited by No1TitansFan

2 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

who's being put into an ideal situation to succeed with an elite back named Henry and a bunch of pretty good receivers; see it cuts both ways no matter how much some try to minimize one side of it to make a point. I know I should give it up, don't want to start o multi page thread.

Tannehill is elevating everyone around him including Henry. You have it backwards. With the rules today, it's all about the QB. 

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I hated the wildcat call. You don't take the ball out of your top 5 QB's hands with the game on the line.

I think you're going a little over board there.  It was a great call with Tannehill the WR drawing extra attention.

1 minute ago, japan said:

I think you're going a little over board there.  It was a great call with Tannehill the WR drawing extra attention.

Lol no. It was basically asking Henry to make a play and if not for an incredible block by Firkser its stopped. Letting Tannehill drop back or even run an RPO gives the offense the ability to do multiple things.