Is Mike Vrabel a Bill Belichick Disciple?

TorontoTitan

Is Mike Vrabel a Belichick Disciple  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is Mike Vrabel a Belichick Disciple

• Yes
    • No

Should he be considered a Belichick disciple because of his playing career or do you have to coach under somebody to be part of their coaching tree? If so, would he be part of Urban Meyer or BOB's coaching tree?

The most common belief seems to be that he was most heavily influenced by Belichick and Patriots culture. This makes sense and would align with J Rob et al. 

FWIW, I think Vrabel is his own man because a super alpha CEO like Vrabes cannot be groomed. He is just born that way.

Edited by TorontoTitan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whether or not he's actually considered a Belichick tree coach, he's sure as shit not from BoB's tree even if he did coach under him. There's just no correlation in how Vrabel coaches and how BoB coac

Vrabel was created by the midi-chlorians. He has no tree. 

You have to have been on their coaching staff to really be part of their tree imo

Posted Images

I would say he’s clearly learned more from Belichick than O’Brien, or at least learned enough from both to not fall into BoB’s direct pitfalls.

He’s literally the best branch from that tree if so.

I feel like he’s inherited the Belichick coaching spirit more than anything, but of course he asked Bill questions and paid attention as a player. He’s said that much. 

18 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

You have to have been on their coaching staff to really be part of their tree imo

Not really the more I think of it. It’s disciple of, and so on, and that makes the branches. Unless we’re taking immediate trees. Small trees. 

Like is Fisher a Walsh disciple, and Gregg Williams and Munchak, or is he a Ditka/Buddy Ryan disciple, or is he both?

These are more like tangled vines, honestly. 

Horrible question!

24 minutes ago, TorontoTitan said:

Should he be considered a Belichick disciple because of his playing career or do you have to coach under somebody to be part of their coaching tree? If so, would he be part of Urban Meyer or BOB's coaching tree?

The most common belief seems to be that he was most heavily influenced by Belichick and Patriots culture. This makes sense and would align with J Rob et al. 

FWIW, I think Vrabel is his own man because a super alpha CEO like Vrabes cannot be groomed. He is just born that way.

Mike Vrabel is a fatherless tree.

He was never a coach for Bill. He just played for him. Vrabel has traits but has his own ideas and creativity. Vrabel is Vrabel. As mentioned. He reminds me more of a less stoic Urban Meyer. I only know Urban when he coached the Utes.