John Ross requesting trade from Bengals

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would the Titans take Jonnu Smith and Derrick Henry off the field to go 5 wide?

Except Raymond can catch.

If he was even halfway servicable he'd be playing and putting up decent numbers with Burrow. But clearly he's not.

1 hour ago, SuperFreak90 said:

If anyone knows anything about the Bengals, they never trade anyone that wants to be traded, and I do mean NEVER.

I mean.. that was true 15-20 years ago in the Corey Dillion and Carl Pickens era but I don't know how much evidence there is to back that up these days. Didn't they trade Carson Palmer? No clue who else has wanted to be traded from them in the past decade though.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Who cares, he sucks. 

Probably. I'd be willing to give most athletic guys a chance on the back end of the roster if they're cheap though. Titans have shown they're not afraid to shuffle on the back end either.

I wouldn't pull for it but I wouldn't fight it or argue against it either.

5 hours ago, reo said:

I mean.. that was true 15-20 years ago in the Corey Dillion and Carl Pickens era but I don't know how much evidence there is to back that up these days. Didn't they trade Carson Palmer? No clue who else has wanted to be traded from them in the past decade though.

Mike Brown still owns the team, and has forever. He won't trade him just because he requests a trade. Carson Palmer got traded because it was the off season, and he threatened to never return to the Bengals. That's how he got traded.

John Ross sucks no thanks. Moreover, receivers are becoming the new running backs because there are so many good ones coming up the ranks in college every year. The Steelers are the best example of almost never over paying for receivers and just drafting the next guy. 

15 hours ago, reo said:

Ah yes, Carl Pickens. He worked out splendidly for us when we did sign him.

10 hours ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Mike Brown still owns the team, and has forever. He won't trade him just because he requests a trade. Carson Palmer got traded because it was the off season, and he threatened to never return to the Bengals. That's how he got traded.

Yeah, he basically told them he was going to retire or be traded. He had checked out.

They got something like a 1st and a 2nd round pick from the Raiders IIRC, so they just couldn't pass up that type of value to be a dick.

11 hours ago, SuperFreak90 said:

He was still traded. Cory Dillon did a shit ton to try and get traded and couldn't. Would seem like their stance has softened a bit at least.

49 minutes ago, TitansFan23 said:

Ah yes, Carl Pickens. He worked out splendidly for us when we did sign him.

Pretty sure you missed the point. 

20 hours ago, SuperFreak90 said:

If anyone knows anything about the Bengals, they never trade anyone that wants to be traded, and I do mean NEVER.

The only exceptions had to badmouth the Bengals owner for years.  The Bengal MO is to hold on to players until they have nothing left (and then a year or two after that).  They should have traded both Dalton and AJ Green last season.  Green is another example of their stupidity.  They are more likely to extend the contract of a formerly great player after he starts to show his age (or franchise tag him as they did to Green) than to trade them.  They are the anti-Patriots.

2 hours ago, reo said:

He was still traded. Cory Dillon did a shit ton to try and get traded and couldn't. Would seem like their stance has softened a bit at least.

Pretty sure you missed the point. 

Didn’t miss it, just an observation