Future At Cornerback Position For This Season (Jackson And Fulton)

MIKE75

At some point Adoree will be playing again when healthy hopefully

Then on the opposite side you have the rookie Kristian Fulton

I do think the Titans will be a lot better in the secondary once this happens.

Byard and Vacarro pretty much have things in order at the safety spot.

Two questions....

1. Anyone know how much longer Adoree is out?  Jonathan Joseph,lol could they not find a better option.

2. Also when will they give Fulton more playing time. I'm not that big a fan of Butler

Butler has been highly targeted the last 2 games. People say that Jojo is the weak link, but the games say otherwise. I thought it was interesting that the Texans didn't test Joseph much. 

Last 2 weeks: 

Butler - Targeted 21 times, 12 rec, 166 yards (I'm sure that includes that bust that may or may not have been his fault).

Jojo - Targeted 5 times, 3 rec, 40 yards.  (He did struggle vs MN though).

1 hour ago, 10 A See said:

Butler has been highly targeted the last 2 games. People say that Jojo is the weak link, but the games say otherwise. I thought it was interesting that the Texans didn't test Joseph much. 

Last 2 weeks: 

Butler - Targeted 21 times, 12 rec, 166 yards (I'm sure that includes that bust that may or may not have been his fault).

Jojo - Targeted 5 times, 3 rec, 40 yards.  (He did struggle vs MN though).

I think that has as much to do with the speedy WR have been the teams #1's and thats who is guarding them. Also the pass rush is slow so he's getting beat chasing all the way across the field.

I dont think he's great but he plays hard and can be a highly contributing piece if we have other healthy guys back there.

He's def getting paid too much though.

57 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Fulton is not a nickel. Stop saying that. 

I will say Fulton looked lost in zone near the middle of the field. If it weren't for Simmons getting a hand up and knocking down that 2 point conversion we are singing a different tune. The middle of the field was wide open after Fulton let a guy inside of him (also no clue what Vaccaro was doing).

I am excited to see what they do next year. They likely draft someone decently high, but they will have Adoree, Fulton, Jackson, and Orr all likey back competing along with a rookie.

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't think this is right. 

I heard Pees the other day mention Adoree playing inside this year. I specifically asked Kuharsky today if Adoree would play inside at the nickel when he returns. PK said he believed the plan was for Adoree to play inside with Fulton outside when they went to nickel. 

This makes the most sense to me. They never planned on starting Joseph but when Adoree was injured they were stuck with Chris Jackson and Fulton trying to man the nickel spot. Inside is way harder because you have to cover guys like Humphries with the whole field to work with. It's way easier to play outside with possible help over the top and the sideline. 

I think when everyone is healthy Adoree and Butler will start and when they go to the nickel Adoree will slide inside and Fulton will play outside. 

Putting Adoree inside and replacing Joseph outside could be massive upgrades and help the 3rd down defense. 

Plausible, seems reasonable. Just going by what Fulton said about the pre draft process and what Vrabel/Robinson said. 

Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later! 

Edited by tgo

Going to be interesting to see if Adoree practices tomorrow, listening to Vrabel's Monday press conference it sounded like Adoree had a pretty intensive workout on Monday and his short term playing chances hinge on that knee not swelling up or having an adverse reaction to that more intensive workload.

We are now a couple of days short of 6 weeks since he injured that knee what is interesting is there have been no reports of him being seen with any brace on that injured leg so that kind of rules out any mid range MCL (grade 2) or low range PCL injury.

Butler was targeted 9 times in the 4th quarter vs the Texans and is the 3rd most targeted CB in the NFL. This is his first year all over again. He’s def gone after this season and they have to get Adoree and Fulton in the top 3 ASAP. 

The question is can they survive with Butler playing a big role down the stretch 

And all of this makes the decision to not bring Logan Ryan back on a one-year deal that much worse. And if you say we didn't have the money. It's just as true that we apparently wasted the money on Vic Beasley who has provided little to no pressure on QB and can't get on the field on run downs.