CharrdWood

Watson's body language on losing the toss

I was thinking the same thing. We stole the momemtum from them, then Watson looked defeated at the end. We got down, but you don't see Tannehill or Vrabel acting that way.

Like it or not it was honest. 

He was like C’mon man, our best game so far up to this point, and now this? Are you kidding me?

I mean, he laughed about it.

There were more smiles on both sides from everyone this year as opposed to recent, probably because they know the guard has changed, and they just fired BoB and were happy as hell no matter what.

But that was Watson saying, “I’ve done all I can. Y’all want it, go ahead and take it then!”

And we did. 

Just now, GLinks said:

Like it or not it was honest. 

He was like C’mon man, our best game so far up to this point, and now this? Are you kidding me?

I mean, he laughed about it.

There were more smiles on both sides from everyone this year as opposed to recent, probably because they know the guard has changed, and they just fired BoB and were happy as hell no matter what.

But that was Watson saying, “I’ve done all I can. Y’all want it, go ahead and take it then!”

And we did. 

They were 1-4 (now 1-5) going into this game. I wouldn't my QB laughing.

4 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Watson doesn't seem like the type of guy to throw people under the bus. He didn't say anything negative about O'Brien, it was actually a defensive guy in JJ Watt that led the revolt. What's wrong with being mad for not getting the ball first in sudden death?? I don't think he was thinking about the defense. Everybody wants it first in OT lol.

He acted defeated, not mad

As a fan I would be way more mad if he looked defeated. And as well as a team. Depends if players say anything but I’d be surprised. 

I just didn’t see it that way but I could be wrong. My take is obviously a bit fan fiction but that’s kind of the way I read it.

Edited by GLinks

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I would’ve acted the same way had they won the toss. 

except we're not the qb/leader of a team. it just shows a lack of confidence like woe is me we're going to lose. you expect fans to do that because that's how they are, but he's the qb.

i certainly wouldn't want tannehill or vrabel doing that. when you're supposed to be the leader of a team,  a leader of men, you don't act defeated like that

Edited by socaltitan

29 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

except we're not the qb/leader of a team. it just shows a lack of confidence like woe is me we're going to lose. you expect fans to do that because that's how they are, but he's the qb.

i certainly wouldn't want tannehill or vrabel doing that. when you're supposed to be the leader of a team,  a leader of men, you don't act defeated like that

Boom.  Socal gets it.  You can't do that shit.

16 minutes ago, CharrdWood said:

Boom.  Socal gets it.  You can't do that shit.

If this happened on our team it’d probably be a 200 page thread. Easier to dismiss it since it’s not our team. In general I don’t like it. It shows weakness.

When you’re 1-4 especially, you don’t want to look defeated like that when you’re the leader. It does rub off on the rest of the team and sure enough they lost. Momentum is huge in these types of games. They had the momentum and we ripped it away from them. I do think Crennel going for 2 and failing and Watson’s defeatist attitude played a part in that.

Edited by socaltitan

8 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

If this happened on our team it’d probably be a 200 page thread. Easier to dismiss it since it’s not our team. In general I don’t like it. It shows weakness.

When you’re 1-4 especially, you don’t want to look defeated like that when you’re the leader. It does rub off on the rest of the team and sure enough they lost. Momentum is huge in these types of games. They had the momentum and we ripped it away from them. I do think Crennel going for 2 and failing and Watson’s defeatist attitude played a part in that.

Yeah, I obviously thought it was completely bush league on his part.  I'd be gutted if Tanne did some shit like that.

But he wouldn't, because he's a leader.

1 hour ago, Makaveli said:

Watson doesn't seem like the type of guy to throw people under the bus. He didn't say anything negative about O'Brien, it was actually a defensive guy in JJ Watt that led the revolt. What's wrong with being mad for not getting the ball first in sudden death?? I don't think he was thinking about the defense. Everybody wants it first in OT lol.

Yeah but what he was thinking happened... Titans winning drive!!