Khalif Raymond = A poor mans Derrick Mason

kyle021

We probably have a top 5 WR core consisting of four legitimate playmakers at the receiver position. AJ Brown is proving to not be a fluke, Davis showing massive improvement and downplay ability, Humphreys remains reliable, and Raymond is the surprising speedster playmaker.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drinking problem, often injured and currently useless to the team? I can barely tell them apart now that you pointed it out

Who is Khalid Raymond?

Terrible comparison.  They aren't anything alike.  No way does he make humphries expendable.  Humphries might be the most reliable receiver we have.  Although Firkser is making a move in that regards

Posted Images

Just now, titansfan said:

We probably have a top 5 WR core consisting of four legitimate playmakers at the receiver position. AJ Brown is proving to not be a fluke, Davis showing massive improvement and downplay ability, Humphreys remains reliable, and Raymond is the surprising speedster playmaker.

Just need to get them all on the field at the same time. And get Adoree back

3 hours ago, kyle021 said:

He doesn’t get enough talk, and I think he deserves his own thread. I thought about this while watching the game yesterday. His size is similar, speed and quickness is similar, he is resilient and a very good return man. He reminds me of a poor mans Derrick Mason. 

I think he makes Humphries expendable after this year, and I think Batson makes that even more easier by taking Raymond’s spot if Raymond does in-fact take Humphries. 

I would extend Raymond and Batson at the end of this year and go into FA and the draft with Brown, Raymond, Batson and possibly even Davis if we can extend him in a way similar to the Dolphins/Parker extension a few years ago. 

if we can’t keep Davis like that then I would let him get his money in FA and take the comp pick as a return and draft a WR like Chris Olave, Devontae Smith, Rondale Moore, or Rashod Bateman at WR in the second round. Honestly I would be fine with any of them but if I had my personal pick it would either be Bateman, Smith or Olave. 

it’s a very deep class at WR and all of those guys can play and start day one. 

I created a topic about him in preseason but, by all means continue, you're wrong about everything else, too.

Raymond is never going to be a star, but he's an example of the sort of "glue" players that largely eluded the FO before JRob.

He has played well. I can’t go for the Mason comp yet , but he actually has moved the ball returning better than anyone we have had in a while. Most people forget how good mason was on punt returns in his younger days.  so hopefully Khalid keeps getting better in that regard 

• TitansGuru changed the title to Khalif Raymond = A poor mans Derrick Mason