Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Taylor Lewan Confirms He Tore ACL Against Houston

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Are you talking about replacing Lewan? That’d be pretty silly. This is his first major injury injury and he’s been consistently a top 5 LT since his rookie year. Why would we replace the most important position on the OL because of one injury. You guys let your distaste for Lewan’s personality cloud your judgement on him as a player.

 

So if you have looked into Lewan you may come to pretty solid conclusion that he may have used PEDs in college. As you may know PEDs can some serious effects of durability.

 

Lewan has some issues staying on the field lately. Now he has suffered a serious knee injury on a 290 lb frame. Big men and knee injuries don't hold up well without other complications.

 

The Titans are forced to replace him now and with all of the other non-knee related injuries and missed snaps recently they need to replace him in the long terms as well.

 

As far as Lewan's personality, I enjoy him and shtick. He has been a good player, it will be time to move on soon. Thats the NFL.

 

RT17 is the greater concern now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BaddKarma said:

 

So if you have looked into Lewan you may come to pretty solid conclusion that he may have used PEDs in college. As you may know PEDs can some serious effects of durability.

 

Lewan has some issues staying on the field lately. Now he has suffered a serious knee injury on a 290 lb frame. Big men and knee injuries don't hold up well without other complications.

 

The Titans are forced to replace him now and with all of the other non-knee related injuries and missed snaps recently they need to replace him in the long terms as well.

 

As far as Lewan's personality, I enjoy him and shtick. He has been a good player, it will be time to move on soon. Thats the NFL.

 

RT17 is the greater concern now.

May have?  He got caught doing it last year, although he tried to lie about it in his tearful video promising to vigorously fight the suspension! 

 

The ACL is unrelated to this IMO although his body was breaking down before this one.  It actually would behoove the Titans to draft a LT if one falls into their lap simply because of leverage - a good LT on a rookie deal enables them to pay some of key guys coming up on 2nd contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

 

The guy is trolling.

 

Speaking of trolls, Ill help you...

 

RT17 has changed the franchise. Protecting his blindside is the most important job on the team after QB1. The chance of RT getting killed now are going up daily.  A journeyman LT will not do long term and may get RT hurt in the short. JJ Watt, who is another roid-fiend, abused Sambrailo and could have ended the Titans season on that very play. Thus, the team needs a real plan to replace 77 and his recent injury/missed snaps ASAP. This plan has now been accelerated because of his season ending injury. The Titans need a real left tackle. JRob has two weeks before the deadline to perhaps make a trade.

 

Edited by BaddKarma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It certainly isn't crazy to start looking at the LT position. We have no idea how Lewan will come out of this and that position is just too important to leave to chance. Not sure if the move should be made this off-season or the next but drafting one sometime soon isn't that crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It certainly isn't crazy to start looking at the LT position. We have no idea how Lewan will come out of this and that position is just too important to leave to chance. Not sure if the move should be made this off-season or the next but drafting one sometime soon isn't that crazy. 

 

I'm more worried about replacing Saffold in the near term. We'll need to draft a guard at some point relatively early either this year or next year. His cap hit next year is only $1M more than Lewan and it is not a given that he will be retained. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

🙄🙄🙄

It’s funny how he talks down to everyone about damn near everything when it seems like he doesn’t care that the team he’s followed for 40 years has never won a SB; seems like being right is a lot more important by quite a large margin. You already know his response, but from my viewpoint it’s spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

I'm more worried about replacing Saffold in the near term. We'll need to draft a guard at some point relatively early either this year or next year. His cap hit next year is only $1M more than Lewan and it is not a given that he will be retained. 

 

Definitely a consideration, I would say if Sambrailo plays decent to well, there is a good chance they re-sign him and he could compete at the LG spot potentially. They also have Brewer who they seemed very high on, but is in need of an NFL off-season to really bulk up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

I'm more worried about replacing Saffold in the near term. We'll need to draft a guard at some point relatively early either this year or next year. His cap hit next year is only $1M more than Lewan and it is not a given that he will be retained. 

G are easier to replace than OT though.  I suspect they'll draft a mid round G.  WR, CB, EDGE, DL, and LT are higher priorities (pre-FA of course).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

 

Definitely a consideration, I would say if Sambrailo plays decent to well, there is a good chance they re-sign him and he could compete at the LG spot potentially. They also have Brewer who they seemed very high on, but is in need of an NFL off-season to really bulk up.

 

I think Brewer is more of a pure center and Sambrailo didn't play well at guard in previous stops, but who knows. Would love to see a mauler drafted at guard in the third round or so next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It certainly isn't crazy to start looking at the LT position. We have no idea how Lewan will come out of this and that position is just too important to leave to chance. Not sure if the move should be made this off-season or the next but drafting one sometime soon isn't that crazy. 

Yeah, I would think the idea would be to drag a mid round guy with upside in hopes he could take over by year 2. If that doesn’t work then the mid round pick becomes the swing tackle and you draft a 1st rounder. 
 

It’s only 4 million in dead cap next year and 2 million in 2022. He will also still have a reasonable contract and could still have good trade value if we look to move on. Hopefully we just draft a replacement for a few years from now who can learn and Lewan takes this seriously, gets back on the roid...er horse, and finishes out his contract still playing at a top 10 level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rns90 said:

G are easier to replace than OT though.  I suspect they'll draft a mid round G.  WR, CB, EDGE, DL, and LT are higher priorities (pre-FA of course).

 

Yeah, we will need a CB and WR badly going into next offseason, as I fully expect Davis to walk and Butler to be cut. 

 

We could also use a starter at 5T, but they can be found in the 3rd and 4th rounds for our scheme. 

 

My early guess is that they will find a way to keep Clowney, even if another rusher is added, he fits what they want to do on defense I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

I'm more worried about replacing Saffold in the near term. We'll need to draft a guard at some point relatively early either this year or next year. His cap hit next year is only $1M more than Lewan and it is not a given that he will be retained. 

I hadn't even thought about Saffold. Thanks bro, now I'm gonna stress that all day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

 

Speaking of trolls, Ill help you...

 

RT17 has changed the franchise. Protecting his blindside is the most important job on the team after QB1. The chance of RT getting killed now are going up daily.  A journeyman LT will not do long term and may get RT hurt in the short. JJ Watt, who is another roid-fiend, abused Sambrailo and could have ended the Titans season on that very play. Thus, the team needs a real plan to replace 77 and his recent injury/missed snaps ASAP. This plan has now been accelerated because of his season ending injury. The Titans need a real left tackle. JRob has two weeks before the deadline to perhaps make a trade.

 

 

Eagles lost their starting LT the season they won the SB. Shit they lost their qb too. Their offense still continued to click. Some of you guys crack me up with these "OMG its the end of the world" takes you guys put out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I hadn't even thought about Saffold. Thanks bro, now I'm gonna stress that all day!

 

I'm thinking at least 3 (maybe 4) of these 5 players get cut this offseason most likely: 

 

Butler

Kelly

Vaccaro 

Saffold 

Humphries

 

Personally, I'd cut 4 of them and retain Da'Quan Jones and Clowney along with several of our depth guys (Pruitt, Firkser, Raymond, Sambrailo, etc). Retaining Jonnu is a given. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...