Taylor Lewan Confirms He Tore ACL Against Houston

Jonboy

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, there may be some guys that get cut who want to play for a SB that we can scavenge too. 

Butler is definitely gone. Davis is gone. I can’t see up giving up 2 of our top 3 WR’s. Maybe it’s possible we drop Humphries and give that contract to Davis? I could see that working. 

Then you either cut Saffold or restructure. If he won’t restructure you cut him and re-sign Jones. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Butler is definitely gone. Davis is gone. I can’t see up giving up 2 of our top 3 WR’s. Maybe it’s possible we drop Humphries and give that contract to Davis? I could see that working. 

Then you either cut Saffold or restructure. If he won’t restructure you cut him and re-sign Jones. 

I see Humphries as the most likely to be retained out of those 5. 

Just now, tgo said:

I see Humphries as the most likely to be retained out of those 5. 

I think it will be 2 of 5 and somehow retain Clowney. I honestly don’t know which is more important to the team between Saffold and Jones. 

Our defense sucks with him, so I’m honestly thinking it’s Saffold and then you draft a 5/1 tech in the first few rounds. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think it will be 2 of 5 and somehow retain Clowney. I honestly don’t know which is more important to the team between Saffold and Jones. 

Our defense sucks with him, so I’m honestly thinking it’s Saffold and then you draft a 5/1 tech in the first few rounds. 

Yeah, I'm torn on this as well. 

But I think the cap hit of Jones next year will be about half of Saffold's if they structure it like they normally do. 

Jones value is diminished slightly from his last contract given the cap situation for everyone next year and the nature of his skillset. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah, I'm torn on this as well. 

But I think the cap hit of Jones next year will be about half of Saffold's if they structure it like they normally do. 

Jones value is diminished slightly from his last contract given the cap situation for everyone next year and the nature of his skillset. 

Ha we are going down the rabbit hole now. 

Let’s restructure both, keep Clowney, and replace Butler, Humphries, and Davis. 

Tanne has shown he can make it work with a multitude of WRs. 

Butler and Saffold are goners and I think Humphries and Lewan restructure theirs to free up some cap. I can see Vaccaro restructuring or being let go. Hooker can replace him with no hiccups. 

we could use that money to extend Adoree and Jonnu and bring in some FA’s. 

We will have plenty of cap space.