King Henry vs CJ2K

AJClown

3 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

Perfectly explained to my point.  Look at the hole at :48 seconds......When Henry is able to get to the second level, he's elite.  But as everyone on here should know, he's got to get there or he's ordinary.

FWIW, the success rate on runs by McNichols was higher (60%) than with Henry (45%) yesterday despite Henry getting the 4 explosive run plays, including this one.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of holes or no holes. If it was really just that players would be banging off 90+ runs all the time.    I think it's a little much saying he doesn't break tackles. He will always

I know what Henry's "in" game meal is:   DB's SOULS

There were a couple of seasons that you could make the argument that CJ was the best back in the league.  He was stouter than one would think for his size, and his once in a generation speed made him

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Perfectly explained to my point.  Look at the hole at :48 seconds......When Henry is able to get to the second level, he's elite.  But as everyone on here should know, he's got to get there or he's ordinary.

FWIW, the success rate on runs by McNichols was higher (60%) than with Henry (45%) yesterday despite Henry getting the 4 explosive run plays, including this one.

Well it’s pretty meaningless in the face of 212 yards rushing and 2 TDs. McNichols benefitted from the expectation of pass attempts in lieu of runs featuring him in the backfield.

Plus, even a pedestrian Henry is a more productive red zone threat than the average RB, lbhh. 

He was never truly ordinary. People either like what he brings or don’t, and didn’t like his softer attitude pre-Georgespeech. 

Not accusing anyone of what they truly want, but there’s been four years of plenty “Let’s get a different back than Henry “ talk to know a lot of fans here want a more multi-skilled back as their starter.

Doesn’t mean they would eclipse Henry’s particular strengths or his effectiveness in this offense. Yards from scrimmage stats maybe. 

I like quoting the Stones here. “You can’t always get what you want...” and the rest of it. You know it. I know you’re singing it now.

29 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Derrick Henry is basically Jerome Bettis with a lot more speed. Obviously not Chris Johnson level speed, but certainly quite a bit for someone his size.

Bettis was a bowling ball that would smash through the defensive line, Henry can’t really do that. Henry’s running style reminds me of Eric Dickerson with the exception that Henry has a spectacular stiff arm.

4 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

That’s because no other RB in the league presses that safety off and keeps full stride. Smaller backs with the same speed or faster get tripped up. Bigger backs lose some balance and get tackled from behind. 

89 yards over expected is absolutely ridiculous. 

Look at who CJ had to deal with at QB, OC, and surrounding talent compared to EG and DH.

They paid CJ to be a playmaker then flat refused to do anything to assist him and build off of his skills. CJs fall (which wasnt really that frickin far) was mostly on the shoulders of an organization that was run terribly and expecting CJ to be the sole savior.... even told him to be.... then allowed him to catch flack for not getting 2K every year after he signed a contract.

Prime DH is another level... but it would be VERY exciting to have seen 2008-2010 CJ in this offense.

Edited by titanruss

titanruss brings up a good point. CJ2k never really had much of a supporting cast. CJ2k was a very special player but I believe we all knew that it had an expiration date.I prefer the Henry style back but my god we've been blessed with some amazing running backs. Even though we watch Henry every week it's tough to fully grasp how truly great he is.

Look at AJ Brown running right beside him like a soldier. I think they said Brown ran like 1800 yards yesterday. 

Not sure who to compare Henry to. I don't know a guy with his size and power that can run that fast. Maybe Bo Jackson. 

1 minute ago, SleepingTitan said:

Look at AJ Brown running right beside him like a soldier. I think they said Brown ran like 1800 yards yesterday. 

Not sure who to compare Henry to. I don't know a guy with his size and power that can run that fast. Maybe Bo Jackson. 

So you’re saying he ran a mile, basically? 

I’m JFA.

3 minutes ago, GLinks said:

So you’re saying he ran a mile, basically? 

I’m JFA.

At nearly full speed, I'd probably vomit. That's in addition to all the other physical activity like getting tackled by 200+ lb dudes and jumping, cutting, etc. That's a ton of running on a football field. Vrabel says he's accustomed to it. In practice, he's always the leader on yards travelled. 

If you could swap LenDale for Henry in a Marvel What IF? Universe sort of way, ‘08 Titans might have looked like a VY scratch Collins version of the ‘19 Ravens. 

Except you could have benched VY for Henry and then just had DH and CJ handing the ball off to each other with the occasional throw peppered in. 

Wasn’t that about when Ricky Zen Williams and Miami was wildcatting on everything like skeet skeet? Maybe a year sooner or so?

Edited by GLinks

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Actually, you're so closed minded and upset about how dumb I've made you look that now you try to assume every point I'm making somehow goes back to old arguments.  Arguments that I was 100% correct on.....

It's undeniable that RB's are replaceable assets in today's game and that QB's are 1000 times more important.  It's undeniable that Henry's game is reliant on big plays.  It's undeniable that his big plays almost always come off of plays where the holes are big and he's able to get the ball in space and exploit the second level.  It's undeniable that PA is about formation and play design, not the RB.......

Do you think any other running back in the league could have had over 2k yards his last 16 games? 19 touchdowns?