GMFB Roasts Oilerman; Praises Arthur Smith

Jamalisms

On toe drag swag Kay and Nate voted AJ Brown as the best catch of the week to go into OT. Kyle said he didn’t think it was a catch, but he did go off and say he’s fallen in love with Ryan Tannehill in the last few weeks, so he kind of made up for it.

Kay Adams is objectively an excellent host. 

27 minutes ago, GLinks said:

On toe drag swag Kay and Nate voted AJ Brown as the best catch of the week to go into OT. Kyle said he didn’t think it was a catch, but he did go off and say he’s fallen in love with Ryan Tannehill in the last few weeks, so he kind of made up for it.

Kay Adams is objectively an excellent host. 

Kay also threw in a "bills and steelers fans not too happy about the titans only getting fines after messing those teams schedules up"

I wonder if the dumb bills fans claim the bills 2 losses were because those games schedules were changed.  If only @Logical could speak. . Wait nevermind just remembered i dont care

As good as Arthur Smith has been, its kind of crazy who gets HC gigs these days. I mean Smith obviously has this team humming and has been a big part of helping us win games. But this team would probably be a top 5-10 offense no matter who was calling the plays. We’ve got so much talent it’d be hard not to. I think smith has elevated us and probably deserves to be HC but just think hiring the OC of all the best offenses neglects how good the players are on all of these offenses.

39 minutes ago, Thrill said:

As good as Arthur Smith has been, its kind of crazy who gets HC gigs these days. I mean Smith obviously has this team humming and has been a big part of helping us win games. But this team would probably be a top 5-10 offense no matter who was calling the plays. We’ve got so much talent it’d be hard not to. I think smith has elevated us and probably deserves to be HC but just think hiring the OC of all the best offenses neglects how good the players are on all of these offenses.

I think you're underestimating it quite a bit... The whole concept of us running playaction off of plays that look identical to one of their few running counterparts isn't because we have the personnel to mirror everything they do on every single play identically.

Play design, timing of the call has to make sense and the defense has to believe and I am sure a handful of other things that the OC is directly responsible for plays a huge factor in all of that.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

43 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Miami (Gase) was thinking the same thing when they got rid of Tannehill. They had all the tools. If they could just find a reliable QB who could deliver to those tools. 

47 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Miami (Gase) was thinking the same thing when they got rid of Tannehill. They had all the tools. If they could just find a reliable QB who could deliver to those tools. 

Miami got rid of Tannehill after firing Gase and Tannenbaum.  Miami just blew up the whole thing to start over when they promoted Grier and  hired Flores.

Gase still sucks but that’s how it went down 

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

I don't know if I could agree with that. .. maaaybe top 10 but I really doubt it. You need the OC to utilize players correctly and you need the QB to implement and creat when necessary.

RT has been great. Pinpoint, gutsy, clutch, runs the offense to a T. But he's still throwing to his first read a crazy amount of times.  The first read that Arthur is calling. More implementing than creating (which isnt a knock just the reality right now) He had the Bills and Texans so far on tilt while missing multiple weapons that nobody knew where the ball was going next and if we were running or passing.

The playcalling has been masterful and not just because it's been working.

Edited by titanruss