2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

You're right that we should be more confident. This defense is just so terrible right now that it's tough to have faith we can stop the Steelers. Be honest. If the Texans had won the toss, you think we stop them?

If my aunt had nuts shed be my uncle. That game is over and decided. If we dont miss an easy fg and have another routine one blocked is that game even that close?

Some of you guys will be here next week cowering in fear of Joe Burrow and the monster Cincinnatti offense and how hes gonna single handedly slaughter us andthrow for 1000 yds in a single game.

For us to be 5-0 the second best offense in the nfl during a covid outbreak and people predicting we gonna lose by 20 30 to this team is just funny to me. Shit KC didnt beat us by 20 last year in the afc championship .

Im not trying to be an ass just start having faith in this team guys. I go other message boards and KC fans assume every game is a win no doubt in there mind. Saints fan Ravens fans Seahawks Packers fans all expecting their team to win everything. Here is just sad.

Tomlin is effusive in his praise of Henry. I expect them to attempt to stop Henry with 7 allowing for coverage on the back end. If we can control Cam Heyward  (easier said than done), Henry could have a big day.

10 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

If my aunt had nuts shed be my uncle. That game is over and decided. If we dont miss an easy fg and have another routine one blocked is that game even that close?

Some of you guys will be here next week cowering in fear of Joe Burrow and the monster Cincinnatti offense and how hes gonna single handedly slaughter us andthrow for 1000 yds in a single game.

For us to be 5-0 the second best offense in the nfl during a covid outbreak and people predicting we gonna lose by 20 30 to this team is just funny to me. Shit KC didnt beat us by 20 last year in the afc championship .

You avoided answering the question which lets me know you don't have that much confidence in the defense either, which you shouldn't because they've been largely terrible outside of the Bills game. I haven't said anything about the Steelers destroying us. I expect a close game that we win but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about their front 7 that is likely the best in the league and our shitty defense against a very good group of skill players. Being honest about the state of the team when evaluating a match-up isn't "cowering in fear". And that Bengals team you mention probably would hang 30+ on us unless we control the clock with our running game. This defense is bad enough that it exposes us to losing against teams we should dominate. It's a real problem until it isn't. 

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'll say it again, get the fucking sand out.... The Steelers have played only one team with a QB in the 10 passer rating wise and thats Watson. They gave up a ton of points to a sad Eagles offense and have given up big plays in the run game too. Also, don't forget as bad as the Titans defense is, the offense is as good as it gets through 5 games. They have averaged 37 ppg since week 1. It's a massive test for the Steelers defense. These are two of the better teams in the AFC and the NFL overall. Both have superbowl aspirations. Stop with the belly aching. The Titans have arrived, enjoy it.

I don't worry about the offense's ability to score, but you don't have to be a frightened fawn to be more than a little concerned about all those receivers they have and how little we have in the secondary to cover them.

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I don't worry about the offense's ability to score, but you don't have to be a frightened fawn to be more than a little concerned about all those receivers they have and how little we have in the secondary to cover them.

Of course the pass defense is a big issue. The point is that this isn't a B level team playing a powerhouse team where everything must go wrong for the underdog to win. Thats how a lot of posters are acting right now. This game could go either way as with most games that pit good teams against each other.

I'm not particularly worried about the third down defense when situationally we've been playing bend don't break so much.

I am worried about pass protection.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Of course the pass defense is a big issue. The point is that this isn't a B level team playing a powerhouse team where everything must go wrong for the underdog to win. Thats how a lot of posters are acting right now. This game could go either way as with most games that pit good teams against each other.

I agree with all this, but any team can be a powerhouse when they have the talent at receiver the Steelers do. Juju is just the tip of the spear.

I know we can hang a 40 burger on anyone, but 40 may be the minimum to stay in this one with a 50 piece being a necessity. UNLESS... the Titans pass rush finally shows up big.