Steelers Week

NashvilleNinja

2 hours ago, Titan8425 said:

Davis and Jones BOTH having a great year

Davis, Jones and Saffold. The middle of our OL is absolutely dominant.

Tanne's been sacked 5 times through 5 games. Last year it was 22...

That is partially due to Tannehill and his awareness in the pocket as opposed to Marcus, but our interior ol has really synced up and they've been massive in pass and run pro.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill hearing how much the Steelers like to blitz...      

I feel much better about the Tackles now that Beddingmoron has weighed in.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I was thinking about this last night when the game was in rain delay. There is also a 50% chance of rain today and 60% near gametime tomorrow. Let’s hope that rain holds off to give the field some time to dry up. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Listening more and more to breakdowns of the Steelers defense the Titans cannot afford to go run heavy on 1st down vs them. 

The Titans do not run well on 1st down and the Steelers absolutely stone wall the run on 1st down. It's strength on weakness. 

If they run on 1st down and put Tannehill in known passing situations I think it could get ugly with Sombrero and Kelly in pass pro. 

They have to throw from heavy sets on 1st down or play a lot of 11 personnel.

Going 3 wide makes the most sense to me with the Steelers losing Bush and Hilton(who was ruled out). That's a lot of talent lost in the middle of that defense on passing downs 

Its lazy analysis to say the Titans need to go run heavy on first down, shorten the game, and control the clock. That analysis assumes the Titans are a 3 yards and cloud of dust offense overmatched against a good defense. In reality they need to throw on 1st down against the Steelers base sets and own the middle of the field with Humphries, Smith, and Firsker. Stay out of 3rd and long. In essence, pass to setup the run, get a lead, and then pound the tired Steelers defense in the 2nd half.  

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Listening more and more to breakdowns of the Steelers defense the Titans cannot afford to go run heavy on 1st down vs them. 

The Titans do not run well on 1st down and the Steelers absolutely stone wall the run on 1st down. It's strength on weakness. 

If they run on 1st down and put Tannehill in known passing situations I think it could get ugly with Sombrero and Kelly in pass pro. 

They have to throw from heavy sets on 1st down or play a lot of 11 personnel.

Going 3 wide makes the most sense to me with the Steelers losing Bush and Hilton(who was ruled out). That's a lot of talent lost in the middle of that defense on passing downs 

I don't disagree with this as long as it's the quick passing game. The Steelers are going to crash their OLBs on play action and that's going to be an issue on longer downs too, so we may need to let up some on longer play action throws. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic