Steelers Week

NashvilleNinja

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'd take him over Lewan right now. He's #2 behind Tannehill. 

Certainly a good argument for this. 

I put Henry as number two (even though a RB's success is dependent on other factors), just because he's a freakish athlete from another planet and a generational RB who is regularly breaking records. Best/most intimidating and dangerous pure RB in the NFL (obviously McCaffery/Kamara/etc. are more complete). 

Edited by tgo

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill hearing how much the Steelers like to blitz...      

I feel much better about the Tackles now that Beddingmoron has weighed in.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

You are the one that predicted the Titans losing by 20.... this is a evenly matched game by two of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Sure either team may win in a blowout and the Steelers can attack the Titans where they are weak but what keeps getting glossed over, is the Titans are dominant on offense. The Steelers D is going to be tested too.

We are very good on offense and they are very good on defense so far.  We haven't gone against a defense this dominant, just as they haven't gone against an offense this dominant.  The difference, obviously, is our pathetic defense that can't get off the field against such offensive juggernauts as Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Denver.  The Steelers offense is easily the most talented we have faced.  Not as good as our own, but they aren't playing our offense, they are playing our defense. 

1 hour ago, DecepticonShawn said:

This is the best and most balanced offense the Steelers have faced by far. How many times can i repeat they gave up damn near 30 points to the eagles who are a bottom tier team right now. 21 to the Jeff Driskel led Broncos. Our Defense is inconsistent but the Bills were the 2nd ranked offense going into our game with them and got held to 16 without 2 of our best defenders. 

Are the Steelers even the best team in their division? Stop listening to nfln and espn. We can beat any team in this league and at this point should be favored over anyone besides kc or seattle

We have a defense that can't get off the field without a TO.  We are barely beating teams that won't sniff the playoffs.  I hope I'm wrong, but unless the defensive issues are remedied, we are going to get trounced by good QBs.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Fingers crossed Adoree is activated later today...

Well the trigger will be whether he's designated for return, he could be activated on Saturday and still practice in full all week. 

43 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Fingers crossed Adoree is activated later today...

Having him back could change our defensive philosophy. It could mean we blitz more with better coverage on the back end. We have not been a big blitz team so far this season. I believe we become much more aggressive when he returns.

2 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Having him back could change our defensive philosophy. It could mean we blitz more with better coverage on the back end. We have not been a big blitz team so far this season. I believe we become much more aggressive when he returns.

why? They didn't blitz much under Pees and good QBs kill the blitz. The defensive philosophy is basically rush 4, play coverage, and bring the Safety on a blitz occasionally.  

When Adoree comes back, it enables them to play him outside against the other team's #1 in the traditional 3-4 and in the slot when in nickel and have Fulton outside, bettering three spots.  Right now, with Joseph outside, he has to play so soft and with help for fear of getting roasted.

Adoree will help the most when the Steelers go empty backfield looking for either a quick short completion or to go deep over the top.

Those plays come down to talent and execution.

Regarding Jackson coming back and pushing Joseph to the bench, Butler has been targeted 44 times to Joseph's 23 times through 5 games. I could be wrong but it seems like Butler always plays the Left side and is likely seeing the bulk of the action against the other teams best WRs. still those numbers are not good. The pass rush is the bigger issue in my opinion. It won't matter if Jackson comes back if the DBs are asked to cover for 5 seconds on most downs.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic