Steelers Week

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill hearing how much the Steelers like to blitz...      

I feel much better about the Tackles now that Beddingmoron has weighed in.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Titan8425 said:

Sure would be a good week for the DL to gel and produce "eat dirt Big Ben" pass rush

Tannehill tossing 400 yards and 5 touchdowns? Sure. Derrick Henry rushing for another 200? Fine. AJ catching 4 touchdowns? Whoopty god damn doo.

Simmons and Landry making a sack lunch out of Worthlessburger's butt ugly meatskin face? LFG!!! 

tenor.gif?itemid=12045220

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Game of the week fellas.  Surprised this is still in the 1:00pm time slot.  Unfortunately, I live in Atlanta, and will be stuck with the Falcons game, so I will catch as much as I can on the NFL Red Zone.  

The rescheduling screwed the Steelers.  The Ravens and Steelers play next week, and now, the Ravens will be coming off a bye.  I expected the Bills to be super motivated and play with some vengeance since the Titans had screwed them out of a Thursday game and given the Chiefs extended rest and them having two less days, but the Bills came out soft and unfocused.  It will be interesting to see if the Steelers come out a little more 'focused' and angry.

The Titans luck out because Bush is out for the season.  That is a huge loss for them.  The Steelers luck out because the Titans lost Lewan.  That is a huge loss for them.  The fans of whichever team loses will believe the loss of the player will be a huge part.  And, they will be right.  Both of those players are super important to their respective teams.

Two undefeated teams.  Two underwhelming schedules.  Both teams blew out the best teams on their schedules, which were the 4-2 Bills and the 4-2 Browns.   It is amazing how similar the opponents have been for both teams.  9-19-1 for the Steelers and 9-20 for the Titans.

Steelers have had 4 games at home, Titans 3 games. 

Now, the Steelers have 62 net points, and the Titans have 38 net points.  I always look at that because I think that gives an over view of the strength of their wins.  Titans seem to be squeaking by in more games than the Steelers.

Home game for the Titans.  I probably go with the Steelers here.  I think that the loss of Lewan and the Steelers pass rush is going to be too much for the Titans in this game.   If Henry can get to the second level, then the loss of Bush will be big.  And, I expect Henry to have some breakout runs.  I just think the Steelers will create some negative plays and that will be too much for the Titans in the end. 

Titans will go down swinging because this club has a ton of heart and I don't think they ever quit.  I will not be surprised if the Titans win this game.  And, if they do, they will finally be talked about as a legitimate threat to win the AFC, and earn the #1 seed.

I think that you have to be encouraged by this team regardless of what happens this week, or how far they go in the playoffs.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic