Johnson

Glazer: Possible Torn ACL for Lewan

2 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

It is but we not trotting some guy who has just been getting slaughtered left and right out there. JJ Watt got a good play against him when he came in. JJ Watt is also a future HOFer who people have in arguments with LT for best defensive player in NFL history. Im not in fear of our season over this and thats just me. Like Oman said it hurts our depth but we arent gonna just become the old mariota led offense because of Lewan being hurt.

LT? Lol no.

Derrick Thomas was a better player at the same position as LT.

I think it’s early enough that Lewan can be back in time for the divisional round in playoffs. 

he has November and December to heal and could come back late January if rehabbed correctly. 

until then I am not worried. Pittsburgh just lost Devin Bush to the same injury that’s a huge blow to their defense.

i am confident Ty Sambrailo will hold his own and Arthur will coach and scheme around it. Don’t forget that Saffold can play OT. He just isn’t the greatest and is a top tier OG. I can see him being the swing OT with someone else stepping in at guard. I can also see Wilson taking over RT duties by week 10 and Kelly flipping to LT when the time comes. 

until then I expect this offense to shift toward two TE sets with a TE helping Sambrailo and McNichols helping in pass pro 

8 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

I can also see Wilson taking over RT duties by week 10 and Kelly flipping to LT when the time comes.

Cmon man.  Wilson is nowhere near ready physically or mentally to start at RT.  Plus Kelly is doing a good job there so you'll be weakening TWO spots.

Also ,great win by the 49ers after last week's stinker!

44 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Wilson is going to need to get ready. He is the next in line at this point. 

We are going to find out this week how they really feel about Wilson as I expect them to promote David Quessenberry to the active 53 man roster when Lewan gets put on IR.

Will say that Wilson looked to be moving well in some of the clips from his pre game workout today.

12 minutes ago, cshumak2 said:

I would feel better with bongo tending to my medical needs than you

Of course you would, the man performed brain surgery on himself 

Can't David Quessenberry play OT in a pinch?  Would probably be better than whoever we can bring in, time to get Wilson up to speed.

27 minutes ago, Guts said:

Can't David Quessenberry play OT in a pinch?  Would probably be better than whoever we can bring in, time to get Wilson up to speed.

I prefer my OT to not have cancer

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I prefer my OT to not have cancer

Who do you suggest we snag this week to play against Bud Dupree and TJ Watt in a pinch if someone goes down?