Glazer: Possible Torn ACL for Lewan

Johnson

2 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

We really don’t know much about Aaron Brewer yet and he did play OT some in college. No idea how they feel about him there, but he did impress me there when I watched him also. 

No way does Brewer have the build to play tackle in the NFL. Not even a remote possibility, he just doesn't have the size and reach for it. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly Sambrailo is a downgrade but he's help up pretty well outside of the Watt play today. They aren't dead in the water without Lewan like some of us thought at the beginning of the year. 

Sambrailo needs to explain WHY he tried to pick up that fumble and where he was going to go with it.

Through the first 4 games, Sambrailo already played 91 of the possible 284 snaps (32%).  Obviously he isn't as good as Lewan, but outside of a few plays, he's been better than expected.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

No way does Brewer have the build to play tackle in the NFL. Not even a remote possibility, he just doesn't have the size and reach for it. 

I’m not talking long term. I’m saying as depth for Sambrailo. And yeah I’m well aware of his size. I made a thread on him a couple months ago.

Cornelius Lucas would be a good depth option from the Redskins, he ran LaFleur's zone run scheme before with the Rams. Could certainly be had for a late round pick. Good run blocker. 

Also Kevin Pamphile is available as a free agent after spending time with the Redskins this offseason and can play either tackle spot and either guard spot, along with center. Would be a much better depth player then Daniel Munyer. 

Or you could even just promote Quessenberry and sign Pamphile to the PS for depth. 

And I still think Cordy Glenn could be a good swing tackle option, but it would take him a few weeks to get up to speed. 

Edited by tgo

Other FA depth options: 

Jared Veldheer (retired, didn't like vet minimum offer from Cowboys)

Marshall Newhouse

Donald Penn (Robinson knows him from Tampa) 

Chris Clark (Vrabel/coaches and Gardner know him from Houston)

LaAdrian Waddle (versatile, former Patriot) 

Personally, I'd go with Glenn or Veldheer if they're in shape and want to play, or just sign Pamphile. All three would be depth initially with Sambrailo starting. Then if Sambrailo shows he can't do it or the other guy is better (no reason to believe he'd be this bad), then you could move on to the veteran starter. 

1 minute ago, japan said:

Somebody needs to clue PK in that we won't see much of any performance decline with Lewan out....

It does change things schematically in certain passing looks and limits what we can do in those situations. But it isn't the end of the world. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

It does change things schematically in certain passing looks and limits what we can do in those situations. But it isn't the end of the world. 

Who knows. Maybe Sambrailo ends up being a stud. He’s already a good run blocker, and besides the strip sack he held up under a few exotic blitzes. Maybe he can develop into a mid level starter throughout the rest of the year. 

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

you've really come down off the ledge since yesterday.....