Glazer: Possible Torn ACL for Lewan

Johnson

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly Sambrailo is a downgrade but he's help up pretty well outside of the Watt play today. They aren't dead in the water without Lewan like some of us thought at the beginning of the year. 

Sambrailo needs to explain WHY he tried to pick up that fumble and where he was going to go with it.

Through the first 4 games, Sambrailo already played 91 of the possible 284 snaps (32%).  Obviously he isn't as good as Lewan, but outside of a few plays, he's been better than expected.

1 minute ago, IrishTitansFan said:

We should wait until tomorrow anyway. It is common enough for ACL fears to be less significant injuries

The on field ACL mechanism test is pretty accurate if the Doctor/Trainer think its an ACL 95%+ chance that is what the MRI will confirm, there must be significant knee instability for Glazer to be reporting a possible ACL injury.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The on field ACL mechanism test is pretty accurate if the Doctor/Trainer think its an ACL 95%+ chance that is what the MRI will confirm, there must be significant knee instability for Glazer to be reporting a possible ACL injury.

You must work in sports medicine in some way, yeah?

The Glazer report hedges more than most about ACL fears, but yeah this is true.

17 minutes ago, tgo said:

I wonder if they will move Kelly to LT and play Wilson at RT or just roll with Sambrailo at LT. 

Would assume keep Kelly at RT. He was always a better RT then LT. Sambrailo has played reasonably well when called upon. Just make sure you keep a TE every so often to chip and help out.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

That's what they say but there have been multiple instances in the NFL this year alone where it hasn't been an ACL after the initial fears. Odds are it is but it's worth waiting for the initial result is my point

29 minutes ago, Divine said:

Time for panda to man up and start a right tackle and put Kelly at left, Kelly did a decent job against Watt.

For now, no.

But if something were to happen to Sambraillo then they might have to move Kelly to LT and start Wilson at RT.

Also, time to look at who might be available before the trade deadline for depth.

My big concern from this is teams will scheme for Sambrailo specifically. When Lewan has gone down he’s down fairly well but if a team goes into it there will be no Lewan, I think he’s gonna see a lot more attention. Worrisome but what can we do, overall we’ve been a lot luckier than most with injuries this year. 

8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I can’t even remember the last time it was seriously reported that a guy might have a torn ACL but it wasn’t...

(bongo doesn’t count)

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I can’t even remember the last time it was seriously reported that a guy might have a torn ACL but it wasn’t...

(bongo doesn’t count)

Off the top of my head, Parris Campbell was one and I believe the 49ers had like 4/5 guys they thought might have torn their ACL in one week but one of them was some other knee sprain or something