Somedude

Derrick Henry made history yet again

Earl was well before my time and I get it's easy to romanticize past players. I can only say this. If Henry is not the best RB this franchise has ever had. He's easily in second place.

5 hours ago, wtenn said:

I would think Oman has to be correct on Henry having the most combined yardage for two touchdown runs.

Henry has become the fifth RB with two 90+ yard TD's joining Bo Jackson (91 and 92 yards), Ahman Green (90 and 98 yards), CJ2K (94 and 91 yards), and Lamar Miller with two 97-yarders. Unfortunately Henry's 193 yards combined comes up 1 yard short of Miller's 194 yards on his two longest runs. Oh well.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

8 hours ago, Makaveli said:

He is headed upwards for sure. I heard 1 analyst say he is headed to the Hall of fame. But I would Rank our backs in total Franchise history right now so far. 

1) Earl Campbell

2) Eddie George

3) Chris Johnson

4) Derrick Henry

1. Derrick Henry

The rest

Not only can he fly and move piles, but in the open field he has some sick cuts for a man that tall and that big.

Edited by JoelinBellevue

Order right now:

1: Campbell 

2: Henry

3: Johnson

4: George 

George and Johnson are kinda a toss up. If henry does this for next few years I can see him being the best. Honestly he may be better then Campbell now, Henry in that era would of crushed everything just because of the size and speed. Campbell in this era would of been good, but not great like henry has been. I would love some of the old school guys thoughts on this @OILERMAN @TitansGuru

Not to take away from Henry, but Jeremy McNichols is starting to impress me.  It seems the more opportunities this kid gets the better he gets.

3 minutes ago, Guts said:

Not to take away from Henry, but Jeremy McNichols is starting to impress me.  It seems the more opportunities this kid gets the better he gets.

I really like him. Evans can take as long as he needs to get healthy now. 

2 minutes ago, Guts said:

He’s what we hoped that lewis would of been. He’s what Thomas was for George back in the day. He’s amazing a pass protection.

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

Order right now:

1: Campbell 

2: Henry

3: Johnson

4: George 

George and Johnson are kinda a toss up. If henry does this for next few years I can see him being the best. Honestly he may be better then Campbell now, Henry in that era would of crushed everything just because of the size and speed. Campbell in this era would of been good, but not great like henry has been. I would love some of the old school guys thoughts on this @OILERMAN @TitansGuru

As one of the old school guys, Earl was the man. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and he still PUNISHED them. Earl was not as fast as Henry, but Earl's contemporaries were not as fast as today's players. Earl had breakaway speed for his time. Also, Earl had a great offensive line. Not good, great.

Henry can get to Earl territory with a long, productive career. 

Just now, LongTimeFan said:

As one of the old school guys, Earl was the man. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and he still PUNISHED them. Earl was not as fast as Henry, but Earl's contemporaries were not as fast as today's players. Earl had breakaway speed for his time. Also, Earl had a great offensive line. Not good, great.

Henry can get to Earl territory with a long, productive career. 

Yeah earl did have an amazing offensive line. Idk it’s hard to compare eras. But right now Henry is the best back in the league. 

Just now, Makaveli said:

I agree. And after dealing with Henry it's gotta be such a pain for defenses to deal with a smaller shiftier guy Lol. But Derrick Henry is like somebody you put together on a Video game. His height to speed to power to size ratio in contrast to how he performs really shouldn't be possible LOL. Like one analyst said "Derrick Henry is Like a Dump truck with a Ferrari Engine" lolol.

Also one of the most conditioned players in the NFL, their is no drop off from Q1 to Q4 for the guy.

It's definitely D-Hen at number 2.  I think it's Campbell at number one.  I loved Eddie, but I think Earl and D-Hen are better.  Chris Johnson just had the explosive plays and speed.  D-Hen has both and, like @Mythos27 said, is an athletic freak of nature we likely won't see again for a while.