Jonboy

Week 6: Texans @ Titans Game Thread

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Terrible decision by Romeo to go for two unbelievably bad. 

The thing is, their K had already missed an XP. You're on the road..make it and the game is over, don't make it and worst-case, you're going to OT. 

I like the decision, personally.

Edited by kgsTitan

Just now, scine09 said:

I don't understand why they didn't catch that right away.  Particularly Gannon, being a former QB.  

Gannon also thinks rushing success improves Playaction and didn't understand why the Texans playsction game had been so good with David Johnson not doing much. With the exception of Colinsworth and Romo, most color analysts suck.

How about all the doubters bashing us for giving Henry and Tannehill big contracts. Both picking right up where they left off or better. 

This actual week off is probably soooo needed for the players though. Great win. 

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I absolutely agreed with Crennel's decision.  You try and put the game away when you can.  It didn't work out but it was the right move.  IMO.

Absolutely agree. And people forget, their receiver was WIDE OPEN. If it wasn’t for a great Simmons deflection, the game was over right there. 

1 minute ago, kgsTitan said:

The thing is, their K had already missed an XP. You're on the road..make it and the game is over, don't nake it and worst-case, you're going to OT. 

I like the decision, personally.

Yeah its a toss up. It clearly wasn't some bonehead call. If its good he looks like a smart guy. 

Just now, Titanstattoo25 said:

Absolutely agree. And people forget, their receiver was WIDE OPEN. If it wasn’t for a great Simmons deflection, the game was over right there. 

Yep.  It reminds me of last week in the Minnesota-Seattle game.  Yes, the teams lost but they are high % plays where you have a chance to end a game.  You take that every time.  

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

By the way, Henry isn't scoring on the last play if not for the amazing block by Firkser.

He was so good today.

We didnt miss a beat when Jonnu went down.

Firsker has been so good. We are good at TE depth

We need Hammy Davis Jr back and Adoore "Asap Rocky" Jackson back. 

Edited by unauthorizedcinnamon

Another factor most people forget about those situations as well is the improved chain movement from having an extra down each set if they just kicked it.

This increases the probability of a TD on those final drives.

Edited by TheBukafax

20 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

I added him to the ignore list with Logical. He's in that class of two for me.

I haven't even ignored logical. He's a twatt but at least he's a fan of another team and he's good for a laugh sometimes. @Maker84 is just a huge fucking pussy. 

Vrabel even did the same “calm down” gesture he did when playing the Jets. Clock management is light years ahead over Mularkey. 

On Defense, the shit ain’t rocket surgery.  The greatest coach ever said “Just do your job.”  Dean Pees said “Let’s just do 2-3 things really well.”  Vrabel is over complicating shit right now.  

10 minutes ago, Vintagerobots said:

While looking at your ignored users list, hit the little gear next to who you want to update and make sure the mentions box is checked

I have this mentions box checked and I STILL SEE him quoted.

3 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

We didnt miss a beat when Jonnu went down.

Firsker has been so good. We are good at TE depth

We need Hammy Davis Jr back and Adoore "Asap Rocky" Jackson back. 

They definitely missed a beat when Jonnu got hurt. Firk had a great game but not having Jonnu took away a big weapon and the offense wasn't quite a s good without him.