I think Evans really answered his critics with that goal line stop of Johnson today, one of several plays by Titans today that saved the win.

1 minute ago, h4t said:

I think Evans really answered his critics with that goal line stop of Johnson today, one of several plays by Titans today that saved the win.

When he doesn't have to think and just react he is an animal. That's the problem 

On 10/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, Makaveli said:

Personally I could care less about those numbers. What I've been seeing with my own eyes has not been good. So called experts also refuse to acknowledge Tannehill and statistical facts in his production.

I don't need people to tell me what I'm seeing. I been watching Football a long time and I know good defense when I see it, and we do not play sound defense. Abysmal pass rush and terrible 3rd down defense, and terrible coverage. Oh and let's also mention the fact we haven't played a top 15 quarterback yet.

I don't need other people to tell me what I'm seeing. I can think and observe with my own eyes. This is just more fluff bull crap to try to give credit somewhere else rather than giving Tannehill props for winning us ball games with his arm because your so called experts WERE WRONG ABOUT HIM & hate to admit it lol.

Am I allowed to Quote myself. Tannehill saves us once again.

Evans is not looking good at all and was destroyed all game. Similar to that Jags game to end the season a few years ago: Titans were getting their ass kicked and Woodyard makes a tackle and flexes like the scoreboard doesn’t exist.

Apparently the only thing Evans does well right now is make tackles on obvious run plays. He’s getting exposed consistently and is playing like the Year 1 version. He’s looking like a guy that won’t get a 2nd contract here

I'm just trying to figure out why these guys are so bad on pass d.  It goes beyond well Joseph is playing there because Adoree is out.

The defense needs a real coordinator.  The idea that this defensive is good in anything, is just an absurd concept.  Does anyone think we win if the Texans win the toss?

Bueller?

Bueller??

1 minute ago, IowaOiler said:

The defense needs a real coordinator.  The idea that this defensive is good in anything, is just an absurd concept.  Does anyone think we win if the Texans win the toss?

Bueller?

Bueller??

Nope, it’s why I had mentioned on that final drive in regulation that Vrabel had to consider going for 2 to win it right there. Whoever won the toss and got ball first was winning. 

18 minutes ago, h4t said:

He really didn't. In the game thread I specifically said he's been terrible only good in goal line situations. That's a clear indication that he's struggling to diagnose plays. I presume he's fine at the goal line because there isn't much to read, he just has to shoot and his athletic gifts take over. He's like an reverse Avery Williamson if you will.

Edited by Mythos27

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Like I said a few hours ago, the idea Jackson will fix the defense is a pipe dream. The front 4 doesn't get much pressure even with Simmons being dominant inside and the pass d is downright horrible. They have to fix the defense before the playoffs start.

Is the pass d horrible because of personnel or scheme?  If it's personnel than we have to see whether or not there is a CB available to trade for.

Btw I'm calling it now, Jeffrey Simmons is PFF's highest graded player this week. He was an absolute game-wrecker today. Completely unstoppable.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Like I said a few hours ago, the idea Jackson will fix the defense is a pipe dream. The front 4 doesn't get much pressure even with Simmons being dominant inside and the pass d is downright horrible. They have to fix the defense before the playoffs start.

Adoree will make a huge difference if he plays the way he did down the stretch last year.

10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Yeah Jackson gonna help be he isn't some magic bullet that's gonna solve all of the defensive problems.

They gotta get more pressure and more importantly get home when they do.

Fortunately we have the offense to push forward with, but it's just frustrating and disappointing that this team has had one of the better defenses in the league for the last few years and now it's a siv.

Edited by Smokes

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Adoree will make a huge difference if he plays the way he did down the stretch last year.

I really think we're better served with Fulton/Adoree on the outside and Butler in the slot. Butler's skill set is perfect for the slot and while Fulton has been ok, he's just not a nickel. If that pans out the secondary should greatly improve.