Can we compete with the Chiefs and Ravens

SDCtitans

Can we compete with the Chiefs and Ravens?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Can we compete with the Chiefs and Ravens?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe So

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this a trick question?  We beat them both last year.

I don't think the Steelers are as strong as their record.  They have played a weak schedule so far.

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-6-justin-herbert-vaults-into-top-10 #4  2020 stats: 5 games | 69.3 pct | 1,589 pass yds | 8.4 ypa | 14 pass TD | 3 INT | 101 rush yds | 3 rush TD | 3 f

19 hours ago, Puck said:

fwiw, I'm rooting for the Bills this week. at this point, I'm for any team beating the Chiefs.

:
Mahomes barely hit 50% of his passes against the Raiders. (22/43) .
everyone acts like the Chiefs are this top-shelf team ... PFFT !
hell, they're not even the best team in their Conference and barely the best team in their Division. (trippin)
7 teams have a better PF (points for) total (including the Raiders) and 10 teams have a better PA (points against).
There are 3 teams with a better NP (Net Points) score and several very close.

fwiw, the Bills are -3 in Net Points and do not beat the Chiefs in any of these categories.
the Titans beat the Chiefs in terms of Points Against and are real close to NetPoint

Go Bills (against the Chiefs) , and would also wish them luck against the Patriots and Steelers

The re-write on the Chiefs narrative that they aren't really that good is so pre-mature that you can't even call it a zygote.

People were spoiled by the Chiefs 2018 season, but often conveniently forget that team didn't even win the Super Bowl. Last year's team did and it was nowhere near as offensively productive as the year prior.

How many times over the years did the Patriots look vulnerable or look like they might finally be ready to concede to the rest of the league only to make their way back to another confetti shower?

Idc what the current PF says. The Titans beat the Chiefs in the regular season last year only to lose to them in the AFCC. Until further notice and a loss in the playoffs, the Chiefs are the team to beat in either conference in the NFL.

Compete with the Ravens? They can't even win a playoff game with Jackson at this point. I'd put the Titans ahead of them based on playoff success and record since Tannehill took over. Can the Titans compete with the Chiefs? Damn straight. We have two games from last year that show the Titans can go toe to toe with the Champs. Long story short, the Titans are one of the best teams in the NFL. They can compete and beat anyone. They are legit superbowl contenders alongside the Chiefs and Packers. 

Edited by oldschool

On 10/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, japan said:

Mahomes threw for > 500 yards in that regular season game. He wasn’t inhibited. 

Actually, he was.

It was his first game back.  He wasn't as mobile.   

That was last year.  Chiefs proved they were better than the Titans last year on the field when they beat them by 11 points, after the Chiefs were up by 18 points in the fourth quarter.  The final score looked a little better than reality in the game.  

Now, the question is about this year.  I think the Titans are a good team.  The Chiefs just lost to the Raiders, and I think the Titans are much better than them.  I think the Titans can certainly beat the Ravens or the Chiefs.

We have a lot of season left to go. 

Chiefs certainly look beatable.  Ravens look beatable.  You blew out the Bills, who may be frauds.  The Pats appear to be done.  

The only AFC other than the Titans that haven't lost are the Steelers.  And, in most games, they have looked beatable, but just blew out the Browns.

The Titans can play with anyone.   They have a pretty tough schedule, so if they get the bye, they will have earned it.  Steelers, Bears, Ravens, and Packers are all tough games.  Browns and two games against the Colts are mid level games.  Lions, Bengals and Jags are walk overs and the Texans are probably done for the rest of the season at this point.  You likely knocked all the fight out of them that was left in 'em.