AJ Brown

Jeff.Fisher

I haven't seen much said about it but did you all see his post game interview? 

I found it interesting that Tannehill was reaching out to him to get ready to play since so many were out with covid. 

Also he said he was doing everything he could to get ready to play, running, icing his knee every hour.  I dont think he's out of the woods yet, but he showed alot of heart to play vs the bills. Overall great charcter guy.

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/video/a-j-brown-we-expect-to-win-every-time

17 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Wow didn't know he was drafted by an MLB team. There was an ESPN special 12-13 years ago about black American kids not playing Baseball anymore. They say it's because Michael Jordan and Deion Sanders. Every kid wanted to emulate them. They were talking about some black kid who wants to be MJ trying to make the NBA, but would be a great short stop and make just as much money. 

I didnt know he played baseball either. Glad he chose football though, he is going to be an all pro. Just hope he gets fully healthy soon

28 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Most of these NFL skill position players would excel at any sport they played. 

I think that's the real reason USA Soccer sucks so bad. The top American athletes play basketball,  baseball,  football. 

Good point.  Soccer is a kids game in the US. 

28 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

I think that's the real reason USA Soccer sucks so bad. The top American athletes play basketball,  baseball,  football. 

If soccer was America's #1 sport, it wouldn't even be close. I watch a lot of EPL and international soccer and honestly the level of athleticism doesn't compare to what we see every Sunday. If these guys grew up playing and loving soccer it would be bad for the rest of the world.  

1 hour ago, Jeff.Fisher said:

I haven't seen much said about it but did you all see his post game interview? 

I found it interesting that Tannehill was reaching out to him to get ready to play since so many were out with covid. 

Also he said he was doing everything he could to get ready to play, running, icing his knee every hour.  I dont think he's out of the woods yet, but he showed alot of heart to play vs the bills. Overall great charcter guy.

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/video/a-j-brown-we-expect-to-win-every-time

He's absolutely a critical piece of the offense. JRob hit a home run on that pick.

32 minutes ago, Jeff.Fisher said:

Good point.  Soccer is a kids game in the US. 

Its so funny..when I was in elementary and intermediate school, EVERYBODY played soccer every day during free play..literally 50 kids on the field playing 25 on 25, black, white, Hispanic..Then we hit junior high and could play school sports and soccer was dropped like a bad habit

58 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

IMO, there are two other big contributing factors:

1. Travel soccer costs thousands per year. They clubs do it to make money not to develop players. There is no emphasis at all within clubs to identify their best 12 and 13 year olds to send somewhere else to play. They want the money and the talent for their teams to do well and attract more players. 

2. The national development system is weak compared to soccer powerhouse countries and soccer clubs around the country vary greatly in their quality. To reach the upper levels, you have to leave your family and go play with the national team. Many will not make that choice.  Even then the choice is made too late. It is just not in our culture to send 12 year olds to another city or country to train to be a pro soccer player. The only people with kids that get seen for that opportunity (i.e. are already spending $3,000 per year or more on soccer) don't usually see soccer as a way out of difficult financial situations. 

This country is much much bigger than many countries that do well in soccer. It is not a shortage of athletes. It is a shortage of athletes where sports is seen as a career path and are playing soccer at a young age.