Trade Deadline Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

Just now, titanskick8851 said:

I think just from the perspective that it would allow us to run bump and run coverage across the formation to throw off quick timing throws I would do it. Play a more match up based defense. Allows Byard to come down inside more and make plays as well.

Totally changes the defense if you get Adoree back and also acquire Gilmore, imo 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear Josh Norman is still floating around...

Holy shit, the fake Mariota is a conservative LMAO!!!!! You can't be bad at trolling AND politics. Pick a struggle my guy. 

I think it's funny the troll account got worked up over that comment.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I can't fault him for 2020. Half the Pats defense opted out and the offense sucks and keeps turning the ball over which puts the the defense in a bad spot. I don't recall him being bad at the end of last year? Source? I prefer Williams tbh but wouldn't be too mad at acquiring Gilmore if the price were right.

I'm not sure tbh. That could be it, but he looked really bad against the Dolphins and Raiders from what I saw. Had a few penalties. He was then completely destroyed by DK Metcalf. It is a little concerning how much teams were throwing at him especially with the lack of talent elsewhere early in the season

Edited by IrishTitansFan

Just something to note for next year. Obviously the cap most likely will be going down, but if you are looking at cap allocation, there is a good chance that 7 of our top 10 in cap %/cap hit could potentially not be on the roster next year (note: Lewan not listed because he is inured).

Malcolm Butler - likely cut

Jadeveon Clowney - free agent

Roger Saffold - potential cut due being an aging vet

Vic Beasley - free agent

Daquan Jones - free agent

Corey Davis - free agent 

Kenny Vaccaro - potential cut with replacements on roster

D9C9229E-52CC-4062-B465-BFF20655CB8D.jpeg

We absolutely have to address this secondary in a meaningful way. We will not win a SB with our current secondary and NFL windows close quickly. There are certainly some red flags with Gilmore but we could really use a player of his caliber right now. 

From that list, I think the move that best blends impact now with future value is Desmond King. Even after Adoree comes back, we do not have a legitimate nickel CB. We're injury riddled right now but in the near future, we should have both Fulton and Adoree ready to play outside and adding Gilmore to the nix will surely help upgrade an outside spot but we're still stuck with a sub-par nickel and we saw how bug an impact Ryan had for us. King vies you everything Ryan did, with more speed and cover ability. The Williams move is interesting too because of his age, potential, and how cheap his contract is but as @oldschool pointed out the other day, his role in our scheme might not justify what it would take to acquire him. If we can get King, I think it would go a long way towards helping this defense. 

59 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

From that list, I think the move that best blends impact now with future value is Desmond King. Even after Adoree comes back, we do not have a legitimate nickel CB. We're injury riddled right now but in the near future, we should have both Fulton and Adoree ready to play outside and adding Gilmore to the nix will surely help upgrade an outside spot but we're still stuck with a sub-par nickel and we saw how bug an impact Ryan had for us. King vies you everything Ryan did, with more speed and cover ability. The Williams move is interesting too because of his age, potential, and how cheap his contract is but as @oldschool pointed out the other day, his role in our scheme might not justify what it would take to acquire him. If we can get King, I think it would go a long way towards helping this defense. 

Yep. King seems like the perfect combination of value and upside.