Trade Deadline Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

5 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

I think we’d have to extend Gilmore to manage his cap hit next year. He should have at least 3 more years of #1 CB play.

Pats wouldn’t get anything close to the Ramsey deal because of age and contract value. 

The Marcus Peters trade (5th rd + Kenny Young) was such a steal for the Ravens. 

The DPOY award inflates his value beyond what I think he’s worth. They’d be selling high to trade him now. I bet they’d get a 1st and 3rd. 

No way, they are getting a #1 for Gilmore.  Breer did a study on this and all the players that got traded for a #1 were 27 and younger.  Gilmore is 30.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear Josh Norman is still floating around...

Holy shit, the fake Mariota is a conservative LMAO!!!!! You can't be bad at trolling AND politics. Pick a struggle my guy. 

I think it's funny the troll account got worked up over that comment.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

No way, they are getting a #1 for Gilmore.  Breer did a study on this and all the players that got traded for a #1 were 27 and younger.  Gilmore is 30.

I thought Gilmore was 29, but good to know. And thats a good analysis, didnt realize that although obviously it makes perfect sense. 

He’s definitely worth a first even if we only had him for two years, he’s a shut down corner. 

Edited by tgo

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Oh trading for Gilmore would be the best possible trade we could ever make right now. I’d even trade two firsts for him if we could make the money work. 

No one is trading 2 first rounders for a 30y/o non QB that would be pure lunacy.

Should JRob be investigating what it would take to get Gilmore absolutely, i'm sure Belichick would prefer to send him to an NFC team though.

20 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They might get a 2nd. I can’t see a 1st.

And the Pats would be stupid not to trade him for whatever they can get. They are looking at rebuilding.

He’s the best corner in the NFL, I can’t believe they couldn’t get at least a first. There’s no defensive player from any team that I’d want for our scheme more than Gilmore. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

He’s the best corner in the NFL, I can’t believe they couldn’t get at least a first. There’s no defensive player from any team that I’d want for our scheme more than Gilmore. 

A lot of it is the contract. Add in his age. Still a top CB though.

Robinson’s track record in the 1st round hasn’t exactly been stellar. Simmons, maybe Adoree, and maybe Evans are the only picks likely to get second contracts from the Titans among Wilson, Simmons, Evans, Adoree, Davis, and Conklin. Simmons is the only potential All Pro among them. So if Robinson’s average return for a 1st rounder is above average starter performance for 4 years, then Gilmore on an extension would exceed the expected return. It’s his cap hit that’s the problem. 

46 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

Robinson’s track record in the 1st round hasn’t exactly been stellar. Simmons, maybe Adoree, and maybe Evans are the only picks likely to get second contracts from the Titans among Wilson, Simmons, Evans, Adoree, Davis, and Conklin. Simmons is the only potential All Pro among them. So if Robinson’s average return for a 1st rounder is above average starter performance for 4 years, then Gilmore on an extension would exceed the expected return. It’s his cap hit that’s the problem. 

Agreed that Simmons and Adoree look like locks to get second contact and Evans is likely.  Too early to say anything about Wilson even though he looks bad at the moment.  So throw out this last draft as an unknown.  4 drafts and 3 players getting 2nd contract isn't bad I wouldn't think.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No way you pay Evans the way he is currently playing.

They have a ways to go before making that decision.  His 5th year option will be picked up.  He'll be fine in my opinion.  They will keep him over Brown.