Trade Deadline Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

8 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

We would not have to trade for this guy, but he might be worth a look. He was a monster before his suspension for weed. The league does not test for weed anymore.

I'd at least kick the tires. 

They still test for weed, they just don’t suspend players for it now.

And he said he was retired, though now that his suspension has been lifted maybe he will come out of retirement. He would at least be worth a tryout.

Edited by Starkiller

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear Josh Norman is still floating around...

Holy shit, the fake Mariota is a conservative LMAO!!!!! You can't be bad at trolling AND politics. Pick a struggle my guy. 

I think it's funny the troll account got worked up over that comment.

Posted Images

On 10/16/2020 at 11:58 AM, Callidus said:

We don't have enough balls to go around now.

I don't think we'd have a problem creating balls to go around. Arthur Smith isn't Les Steckel and this isn't 1999. Besides, Henry is a beast but he will start his decline sooner or later. The offense will need to morph to fit that reality.

If JRob has shown us anything with Jurell Casey he's shown us that he's not averse to getting somewhat of a head start on things like that. 

On 10/16/2020 at 3:20 AM, Guts said:

Bree's clearly isn't playing at a high level anymore, and probably doesn't want to go through a rebuild.  Look at his tweet history it's not looking good right now.

I feel this sort of situation usually plays out a little longer than by the trade deadline in the current season - he'll probably have to hang tight for a while. Not to mention his cap penalty is $26M - $6M this season and $20M next season. I'm not sure of the Saints cap situation, but few teams could take that hit comfortably, especially with the salary cap likely going down in 2021 - apparently the Saints are already in a bad position cap wise for 2021 so trading him seems impossible.

Actually, maybe Thomas' contract situation isn't so bad for a trade right now:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/michael-thomas-18996/

If you expand his 2020 details (curiously, you do this by pressing the red "X"), it says his post 01/06 trade will actually save $1M in cap for the Saints this season, but as mentioned, cost $20M in dead money in 2021. However, he was already scheduled to have a cap hit of $18.8M in 2021, and that $1M they save this season could be carried over to 2021, so I think this means if he's traded now, it's almost identical to keeping him for 2021 cap wise - they'd be $200K worse off cap wise for 2021, which is not worth worrying about. If they plan to go full rebuild mode, then the choice seems to be - keep Thomas for it, or get picks for him instead.

Edited by OzTitan

On 10/16/2020 at 10:29 AM, Guts said:

Probably not that significant, because if they truly want to trade him and can't find a suitor it would just sour the relationship even more doing that voided his guarantees.  I still highly doubt they are serious about trading him, but Thomas clearly isn't happy.

If they had voided his guarantees, would they be restored if he were traded. Sure would have made it easier to trade him if they stayed voided.