D. Evans and McNichols

Jonboy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have to admit, I'm bummed about Evans. He really showed a nice burst in his limited action on Tuesday night. Sadly, I'm not sure how much we can expect from him going forward given how problematic the

And as I just saw @gaskill15 and some others pointing out in a different thread, McNichols had some really solid blitz pickups too.

McNichols had an amazing block where he took a blitzer’s legs out. He almost threw his shoulder out. 

6 hours ago, Maker84 said:

This. It’s clear Henry has already lost a step, you can’t be a power back and expect to be great for over 3 seasons. That’s why football is now a passing game and the best teams throw the forward pass often and with a good success rate.

Evans probably isn’t going to play on Sunday and have to start wondering if he’s injury prone and not worth a roster spot in the long run. 

McNichols looks solid, nothing great but he doesn’t need a hole either and can make something out of nothing much better than Henry can. 

Lmao at “he’s already lost a step”

13 hours ago, TwoToneBlueRules said:

Yeah, Henry was barely able to score untouched.

Honestly on this play and a few others he really does look like the same guy but every once I while I catch myself thinking "2019 Henry would've hit that hole or gotten that edge". He still physically has it but maybe the lack of trust in his run blocking is making him just a little hesitant. Like the other night when he had that nice catch he turned up field and looked super timid trying to juke out 2 defenders. Like bro you're Derrick Henry, turn up field, run full speed and run right through those bums! It feels like something hasn't quite clicked yet.

14 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

McNichols has always had talent. The guy is rumored to be borderline retarded though. Hopefully him getting an opportunity is a sign that he is starting to grasp an offense. 

He got that rep from the season the Bucs were on hard knocks. He was a rookie and seemed to be struggling to pick things up. That's where I remembered him from before we signed him last season. I didn't realize he used to be a receiver.

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

He got that rep from the season the Bucs were on hard knocks. He was a rookie and seemed to be struggling to pick things up. That's where I remembered him from before we signed him last season. I didn't realize he used to be a receiver.

He then went to SF and the reports were the same. He lacked work ethic and motivation. He was probably just struggling and breaking down from a mental standpoint.

When he does things right he looks like a fully capable NFL RB. 

I don’t think he ever actually played WR in college though. He put on 20+ pounds of muscle in his first year at Boise. He was an all around solid player while at Boise. 

2 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

He then went to SF and the reports were the same. He lacked work ethic and motivation. He was probably just struggling and breaking down from a mental standpoint.

When he does things right he looks like a fully capable NFL RB. 

I don’t think he ever actually played WR in college though. He put on 20+ pounds of muscle in his first year at Boise. He was an all around solid player while at Boise. 

Right. Just going from interviews he doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm surprised to hear about the work ethic issues though. Hope he's put all that behind him now.

10 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Right. Just going from interviews he doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm surprised to hear about the work ethic issues though. Hope he's put all that behind him now.

I think he was just having a mental breakdown which came off as him not being invested in football.

18 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

A running back who isn’t articulate? You don’t say....