D. Evans and McNichols

Jonboy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have to admit, I'm bummed about Evans. He really showed a nice burst in his limited action on Tuesday night. Sadly, I'm not sure how much we can expect from him going forward given how problematic the

And as I just saw @gaskill15 and some others pointing out in a different thread, McNichols had some really solid blitz pickups too.

McNichols had an amazing block where he took a blitzer’s legs out. He almost threw his shoulder out. 

7 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Have to admit, I'm bummed about Evans. He really showed a nice burst in his limited action on Tuesday night. Sadly, I'm not sure how much we can expect from him going forward given how problematic these hamstring injuries can be. 

On the bright side, McNichols looked pretty darn good in his own right. Did you guys see that Henry only played 52% of the offensive snaps last night? I absolutely love that we finally started relying more on the pass. Tannehill showed what he can do when you just give him the keys. 

Will be interesting to see how much playing time McNichols gets going forward. Really wish we had a healthy Evans though too. I think he adds a dimension to this offense we don't currently have.

I definitely noticed his burst on that run to the outside. He is going to be an asset in the passing game as well. Hopefully he can get that hamstring issue under control.  

I liked McNichols last year coming out of preseason. I never understood why they cut him.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

40 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I definitely noticed his burst on that run to the outside. He is going to be an asset in the passing game as well. Hopefully he can get that hamstring issue under control.  

I liked McNichols last year coming out of preseason. I never understood why they cut him.

Yet another reason to hate Dion Lewis. McNichols is nice and I honestly think the best is yet to come from him. He's a young guy that I don't think has been in the league more than 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Have to admit, I'm bummed about Evans. He really showed a nice burst in his limited action on Tuesday night. Sadly, I'm not sure how much we can expect from him going forward given how problematic these hamstring injuries can be. 

On the bright side, McNichols looked pretty darn good in his own right. Did you guys see that Henry only played 52% of the offensive snaps last night? I absolutely love that we finally started relying more on the pass. Tannehill showed what he can do when you just give him the keys. 

Will be interesting to see how much playing time McNichols gets going forward. Really wish we had a healthy Evans though too. I think he adds a dimension to this offense we don't currently have.

Got the full team snap break down?

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

And as I just saw @gaskill15 and some others pointing out in a different thread, McNichols had some really solid blitz pickups too.

I was specifically watching for that. I expected him to get blown up, but he did a fantastic job. 

On one play, Tannehill does a master PA fake that only Peyton could pull off. He turns his shoulders toward McNichols as if to handoff (he sees the blitz coming left side) but his hips go the other way where he's going to slide and make a pass. Amazing footwork and nuance from Tannehill and great pickup by McNichols. 

both impressed me greatly.

McNichols is turning into a great RB2/3.  Going forward it lessens the disappointment in Evans' limited participation.

Loved the burst from Evans and although the re-injury is discouraging there's some great potential in him (if he can get and stay healthy).

Both could really add complete our RB stable.

One thing I did notice that does and doesn't have to do with both these guys:

HENRY IS ANGRY.

There was a series in the 4th I think it was (don't quote me on that) that they pulled DH on 2nd down (I think) and his body language showed frustration and a bit of "say what".

I don't think it's directed toward the coaching or other RB's.  I think he's not happy with HIS running game and I fear for the fool that gets in his way going forward.

More dudes are going to get "Norman'd" before the season is up!!!