Texans Week

Jonboy

19 minutes ago, Somedude said:

When was the last time this franchise had this high powered of an offense? 2003? Or before my time in the Oiler era?

Oilers, saw the stat the other day and it is tops since moon.

Edit: that was over a 4 game start. No idea about for a season.

Edited by Callidus

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think the Titans have had a QB throw for 4,000 yards or 30 TDs since they moved to TN. Maybe none since Moon in '90-'91. Tannehill is on pace for both of those this year. It's such a bizarre f

I like Allen more than most around here, but I started getting pissed in the 4th quarter when they kept fawning over him while Tannehill was dissecting the Bills. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Somedude said:

When was the last time this franchise had this high powered of an offense? 2003? Or before my time in the Oiler era?

I would think the last time we had such an efficient offense would be either 08 or 03

Please, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t the offense in 08 very good at not allowing sacks, turnovers, and red zone efficiency?

edit - not talking about points scored, but rather the efficiency of scoring on downs

Edited by kyle021

3 hours ago, kyle021 said:

I would think the last time we had such an efficient offense would be either 08 or 03

Please, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t the offense in 08 very good at not allowing sacks, turnovers, and red zone efficiency?

edit - not talking about points scored, but rather the efficiency of scoring on downs

Kyle or anyone saying "please correct me if I'm wrong" on this board made me laugh.

1 hour ago, japan said:

I mean, O’Brien did kind of own us...

It's completely hilarious that people on here bash O'Brien when they won the division 4 out of the 6 years he was there and his teams were 8-4 versus the Titans.  The 4 losses including two season ending ones where the Texans sat starters, another where Tom Savage was their QB, and the game where Gabbert started in 2018.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:57 AM, scine09 said:

This is going to be a very tough game.  Short week, coming off an incredible high.  Houston is not a pushover (they were leading in Pitt in the second half).  And they are playing with new life with the coaching change.

The spread was 3 points last time I looked. That's basically the minimum spread for homefield advantage. Vegas knows.

6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

It's completely hilarious that people on here bash O'Brien when they won the division 4 out of the 6 years he was there and his teams were 8-4 versus the Titans.  The 4 losses including two season ending ones where the Texans sat starters, another where Tom Savage was their QB, and the game where Gabbert started in 2018.

True. But at the same time most of those losses came with Grasus fuckbuddy under center.

4 hours ago, Tex in a Can said:

Kyle or anyone saying "please correct me if I'm wrong" on this board made me laugh.

LOL. 

2003's offense was probably the most comparable to this one in terms of efficiency/scoring but 2019/2020 are better.  2008 didn't really have a high scoring offense per se but the defense was so good that the margin of victory was big and surely that impacted scoring some IMO.

The top 5 scoring offenses in team history are:

1961 - Blanda AFL days - 513 points in 14 games (AFL champs that year BTW).  36.6 PPG

2003 - McNair MVP year - 435 points - 27.2 PPG

1988 - Moon/Glanville - 424 points - 26.5 PPG

1990 - Moon - first R&S year - 405 points - 25.3 PPG

2019 - 402 points - 25.1 PPG - but we all know that after the QB switch it was 30 PPG (which is what it is so far in 2020.

3 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

The spread was 3 points last time I looked. That's basically the minimum spread for homefield advantage. Vegas knows.

Extremely doubtful that Vegas is baking in the same level of HFA with no or minimal crowds.....Of course, the shorter week for the Titans likely impacted the line.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Extremely doubtful that Vegas is baking in the same level of HFA with no or minimal crowds.....Of course, the shorter week for the Titans likely impacted the line.

True, I hadn't thought about the lack of fan attendance. That definitely impacts the game and gives the opposing defense help.

Titans are in a great spot. Those first 3 games could have went either way so 3 wins with no preseason was huge. 

We didnt know what to expect with the bills game so seeing them play their best game in all 3 phases was great, especially with the bills fans flooding the board and the covid bs.

I wonder how much the extra time for watching film helped...

Now we got a division game vs the texans, a huge opportunity to extend our lead on the division. I expect a close game but i'm betting on vrabels titans over romeos texans

Romeo reminds me of mularkey.. like he's in over his head and doesn't quite know what to say

• Jonboy unpinned this topic