Falcons Fire Dan Quinn

tgo

1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

I'd be really surprised if they can get a 1 for a guy who's going to be 36 next season. They'd be fortunate to get a 2.

With his contract they'd be hard pressed to get a 1st. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They truly never recovered from the Super Bowl debacle. 

They should fire their front office while they're at it.    They need a rebuild on the personnel side and coaching side so that they can take advantage of the remainder of Matt Ryan's career

I'm guessing that Raheem Morris or Dirk Koetter will take over as interim.    Side note: did you guys know that Lance Schulters is an assistant coach in Atlanta? I had no idea. 

Going to be hard to move Ryan and Julio's contracts. Personally, I think the peak was the SB collapse. I don't know if building around Ryan/Julio is enough to get back to the SB. If I'm an ATL fan and they have a chance to get a potential franchise QB, you'd have to seriously consider it.

12 minutes ago, tgo said:

They should fire their front office while they're at it. 

They need a rebuild on the personnel side and coaching side so that they can take advantage of the remainder of Matt Ryan's career. They should start by trading Julio Jones and using the picks to build up their lines and their defense. 

If they get the top pick, might as well trade Ryan too and draft Lawrence. 

3 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I'd be really surprised if they can get a 1 for a guy who's going to be 36 next season. They'd be fortunate to get a 2.

With his current contract they would be lucky to get anyone to trade for him, Ryan is scheduled to make nearly $41 million next season and just over $41 million the year after.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

With his current contract they would be lucky to get anyone to trade for him, Ryan is scheduled to make nearly $41 million next season and just over $41 million the year after.

I didn't realize the number was this high

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Actually didn't realize his prorated bonus was so huge so any team trading for him wouldn't cop such a huge cap hit, the Falcons however would be absolutely crushed by the dead cap hit.

Could they do something similar to what the Dolphins (and Tannehill) did to make a trade more likely?  Of course the other part, is what team is a qb away from contending for a title?  49ers for one.

Edited by rns90

20 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm guessing that Raheem Morris or Dirk Koetter will take over as interim. 

Side note: did you guys know that Lance Schulters is an assistant coach in Atlanta? I had no idea. 

nm

Edited by enigma