Titans staff member tests positive facility closed again (10/11)

AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

This ignore the blatant violations of not wearing masks and social distancing within the facility which the NFL has on tape. Its even been used as an example to the rest of the league on what not to do. It abolves the team of responsibility for not wearing the rfid bracelets used to conduct contact tracing. Until another team has an outbreak on the level of the Titans, the NFL will stand its ground. Teams need to follow the protocols in order for them to be shown to not be effective.

Now that being said, yes the NFL is being stupid about this. The Titans shouldn't have played the game against the Vikings nor should the Pats have played the game against the Chiefs 3 days after Newton tested positive. What annoys me is this bullshit defense by Titans fans that the team didn't do anything wrong, It's all the NFL's fault, and outbreaks are inevitable . 

I'm not saying the Titans didn't do anything wrong, I'm saying the NFL needs to be careful about handing down heavy discipline when the NFL protocols may have been the primary cause of the outbreak and there may be more in the future with other teams.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard it was spread by lying and orange makeup

Great point. The 3 tenants of helping to stop the spread of the virus are 1. Wear masks 2. Spcial distancing 3. Proper hygiene   Many gloss over the last point. I carry hand sanitizer with m

Posted Images

Just now, bondra316v2 said:

I'm not saying the Titans didn't do anything wrong, I'm saying the NFL needs to be careful about handing down heavy discipline when the NFL protocols may have been the primary cause of the outbreak and there may be more in the future with other teams.

Lol what? Again there is evidence the Titans weren't wearing masks and socially distancing within the facility which likely means they weren't doing while traveling either. If what you claim to is true we would have seen an outbreak prior the middle of September. If you want to fault the NFL, fault them for not going with hime team bubbles right off the break. Fault them for not enforcing social distancing on the sidelines and in the booth on game days. Until another team has a similar outbreak to the Titans and its shown that team did everything right unlike the Titans, the NFL has the high ground. Some thing I didn't think I would ever say. 

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Lol what? Again there is evidence the Titans weren't wearing masks and socially distancing within the facility which likely means they weren't doing while traveling either. If what you claim to is true we would have seen an outbreak prior the middle of September. If you want to fault the NFL, fault them for not going with hime team bubbles right off the break. Fault them for not enforcing social distancing on the sidelines and in the booth on game days. Until another team has a similar outbreak to the Titans and its shown that team did everything right unlike the Titans, the NFL has the high ground. Some thing I didn't think I would ever say. 

The NFL does have a level of culpability here and now you have Tannehill questioning the accuracy of testing and Jason McCourty stating that the NFL and NFLPA don't care about the players and only care about getting the games in.  The narrative may very well shift away from the Titans being the bad guy to the NFL, especially if the Tannehill and McCourty statements pick up steam with other players.

1 minute ago, bondra316v2 said:

The NFL does have a level of culpability here and now you have Tannehill questioning the accuracy of testing and Jason McCourty stating that the NFL and NFLPA don't care about the players and only care about getting the games in.  The narrative may very well shift away from the Titans being the bad guy to the NFL, especially if the Tannehill and McCourty statements pick up steam with other players.

I agree with this. The NFL is being incredibly shortsighted in how they prepared for disruptions. Not baking in two bye weeks or a week 18 for makeup games. Hell the teams should have all been in bubbles based on the fact you have 150+ people per org going into facilities every day. 

4 minutes ago, bondra316v2 said:

It was also interesting to see McCourty including the NFLPA in his questioning of the NFL. Sounds like players don’t feel like the PA has their back. We may see more individual players feel compelled to speak out in the coming weeks. 

Love J-Mac by the way. I hope he’s one of those Titans alumni who come back and stay involved after his career. 

46 minutes ago, oldschool said:

cut and paste failure on my phone. Didn't mean truncate the quote. Even so it doesn't say what you claim it does. The guy basically says you can't rely on testing as the only form of migitiation which is the same thing public health officials have been saying for 8 months. Again you seemed hyper focused on something that wasn't said. 

To me it sounds like he's more saying that the tests are not useful because of the false positive and negative results.

Most experts will tell you that testing and tracing are pretty critical components of a successful response.

Can anyone explain why they care if this was tied to the original outbreak or community spread instead? 

I mean...if that coach was present yesterday and had any close contacts, aren’t we back to where we started?

Of course, ideally, the stricter protocols the Titans are under prevented any close contacts. 

1 hour ago, bondra316v2 said:

True.  I'm sure there won't be any more, just like I'm positive that the outbreak is all the Titan's fault.  The NFL already admitted their protocol didn't work when the put they Patriots on 2 planes.  One that had the Netwon contact traced players and coaches on it and one for all the other players.  They didn't do that when they sent the Titans to Minnesota.  The outbreak happened in the weeks following that.

Exactly. By learning from the titans the patriots have 4 positives now instead of 8? Or 20? Who knows??

• Jonboy pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Newera said:

Scheduling buffers weren’t implemented because the NFLPA said no.  They said the players should be paid extra for a longer season, regardless of the fact that they were playing the same number of games

Makes sense to me and I agree with that but I’m sure that the fat cats nixed that idea.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic