Titans Broke Protocols; Gathered Last Week

Jonboy

Just now, oldschool said:

How could the fine the team if the players were explicitly told to not gather and they did anyway? Its one thing to fine the Titans for things that went on inside the facility but this seems like a reach to me.

Well not debating whether it's right or not under those circumstances, but I think it's very possible the team will get hammered on this. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TD sticking it all the way up PK's ass.  LOL

Soooooo.....   AJ is ready to play?!  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Some NFL people are speculating that only players will be fined. I highly doubt they, we're going to get annihilated by the league here. 

Best case scenario is Vrabel/Robinson don't get suspended and the org itself just gets fined heavily and docked a high draft pick. 

They have to give us a stiff penalty if only to deter other players from doing this.

Also, Kuharsky’s article SEEMS to suggest that Tannehill may have been one of the players that organized this workout.  This is my interpretation and I’m probably wrong.

Just now, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Sooooo the players on the non Covid list can’t gather to workout?

From PK's article...

A league source said that once the Titans building was closed down on Sept. 29, the franchise was told there were to be "no in-person meetings, workout or activities at the facility or elsewhere."

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

From PK's article...

A league source said that once the Titans building was closed down on Sept. 29, the franchise was told there were to be "no in-person meetings, workout or activities at the facility or elsewhere."

Crazy. I’m all for player safety but if these guys are testing negative, they gotta stay in shape/sync somehow.

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

The Titans will face a huge punishment for this. I wouldn't be so sure they'll be docked a high draft pick (that's usually reserved for cheating), bit they'll get a massive fine as an org and the players will probably face large fines too

Or suspensions. 

Those 15 players could be suspended, but surely the NFL will not do this, as we couldn't even field a team in this circumstance. 

The Titans problem is two

fold.  You have this gathering of players, which is not on the organization.  But then you have the entire Bowen situation which they are responsible to a larger extent.  The NFL can hammer us on both fronts there.

So incredibly stupid to go against direct protocols given from the league. However I cant make out any of the players in the photos. Still I feel like this would have come out by now about playere gathering to workout. Otherwise there is some serious trust issues within this organization if players are lying about getting together when they weren't supposed to especially if it involves our QB and key starters.

Just now, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Crazy. I’m all for player safety but if these guys are testing negative, they gotta stay in shape/sync somehow.

But some of the guys testing negative for several days straight can still test positive because of how long the incubation period is.

They had good intentions, I'm sure...but they completely screwed the organization by doing this.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Everyone needs to relax. Its crazy to assume the organization will be punished if they can prove they told the players not to gather. 

It's Goodell.  He specializes in heavy handed penalties...