More Voter Suppression

tgo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is absolutely unbelievable that a sitting president has forced so many judges to issue court orders and injunctions to prevent him from pulling shenanigans prior to an election.   "Law an

Thank you Lebron.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

This one will also go to the Supreme Court 

And I wonder how that will go?

Supreme court decisions really shouldn't end up as party line ones so often like they do.

34 minutes ago, chef said:

And I wonder how that will go?

Supreme court decisions really shouldn't end up as party line ones so often like they do.

Roberts might rule with the liberals like the last PA case.

But if Barrett gets onto the court first, forget it...

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Roberts might rule with the liberals like the last PA case.

But if Barrett gets onto the court first, forget it...

I think that's what I mean.  Rubber stamp express.  Decisions will be know before they are sent, which means you can only imagine what will be sent.

Just now, Titans279 said:

The game plan is to limit counting early votes and to not allow counting of votes to take too long. Hilariously transparent

Best of luck to the minority party, you can bet your ass they’re gonna need all the suppression they can get to even keep it close. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

The opinion written by roberts is interesting. Seems to imply the issue lies with the district Court overreaching and changing WI election law so close to the election. Honestly why the fuck are people waiting to mail in ballots any way? Just Google the law in your state and make sure you mail your ballot on time. Or better yet get your ass to a polling site.

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The opinion written by roberts is interesting. Seems to imply the issue lies with the district Court overreaching and changing WI election law so close to the election. Honestly why the fuck are people waiting to mail in ballots any way? Just Google the law in your state and make sure you mail your ballot on time. Or better yet get your ass to a polling site.

Yeah, this is kind of the way I’m thinking about it as well honestly. 

If Democrats keep having their votes thrown out due to not signing the ballot envelope as instructed or not mailing the ballot on time, then they’re just idiots. 

If they had voted to extend the deadline, then it would be not only over-ruling state law but also the state supreme court ruling I believe. 

There’s a moral argument that a vote cast before the election ends should be counted of course, but I’m no legal scholar and am unsure exactly how they should be reasoning when it comes to presidential election law in specific states. On its face, it seems like voters should follow their state’s laws as long as disenfranchisement isn’t a factor.  

Edited by tgo

42 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, this is kind of the way I’m thinking about it as well honestly. 

If Democrats keep having their votes thrown out due to not signing the ballot envelope as instructed or not mailing the ballot on time, then they’re just idiots. 

If they had voted to extend the deadline, then it would be not only over-ruling state law but also the state supreme court ruling I believe. 

There’s a moral argument that a vote cast before the election ends should be counted of course, but I’m no legal scholar and am unsure exactly how they should be reasoning when it comes to presidential election law in specific states. On its face, it seems like voters should follow their state’s laws as long as disenfranchisement isn’t a factor.  

Here is the bottom line. States run their own elections. If the WI legislature passes a law saying ballots have to be received on or before election day then that's the law. If the PA legislature passes a law saying ballots received up to 9 days after the election are valid then thats the law.

Edited by oldschool