Adorre Jackson worth.......

Bongo59

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jackson is locked up already with the 5th year option next year so there is no rush. He really came on last year and was having a good camp before getting injured.    We'll see how he does t

Dude needs to stay healthy.

Well if he gets more vitamin B then that'll do the trick.

29 minutes ago, Maker84 said:

Agreed. He’s the Marcus Mariota of the defense. Made of glass and soft 

Soft? Adoree is one of the best tacklers on the team and rarely gets bullied by bigger receivers. I swear you just say shit to say it sometimes. 

I think AJ will be gone, but Jonnu will stay.  We simply can't afford to pay everyone, and we know how important Jonnu is, and his salary will be more manageable.  JRob is also playing chess, not checkers....I think he knows Adoree is gone and that's why he drafted Fulton.  He knew Casey was going down in production and drafted Simmons a year early as well.  Still going to need at least one other corner, but I just can't see him paying Adoree what his agent is going to want.

30 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

I think AJ will be gone, but Jonnu will stay.  We simply can't afford to pay everyone, and we know how important Jonnu is, and his salary will be more manageable.  JRob is also playing chess, not checkers....I think he knows Adoree is gone and that's why he drafted Fulton.  He knew Casey was going down in production and drafted Simmons a year early as well.  Still going to need at least one other corner, but I just can't see him paying Adoree what his agent is going to want.

Jackson will get tagged or re-signed especially since his absence shows how important he is.  Who knows about AJ Brown since that decision is a ways off.  Jonnu obviously will be re-signed.  I said all along that they would let Jayon Brown go and I feel like that position has been strengthened after 3 games.

33 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Got a while before we have to worry about Adoree he will be here next season on the 5th year option of his rookie contract.

23 hours ago, tgo said:

Adoree's worth is probably right around $15M per year, he's not quite on the level of Humphrey or some of the other recent CB extensions. 

huh? Humphrey plays on a great defense and mainly plays the slot. Jackson is far more valuable. 

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

huh? Humphrey plays on a great defense and mainly plays the slot. Jackson is far more valuable. 

Humphrey just moved into the slot last year in order for Jimmy Smith and Marcus Peters to both be on the field with him. 

But Humphrey is an All Pro corner and is simply a better corner than Adoree Jackson at this stage. 

If Adoree Jackson wants too much more than $15M annually, they should just franchise tag him after this coming year and then let him walk. 

16/17 is still a little too high for Adoree although you may compromise to get a deal done, but anything beyond that is just way too much for him imo

I think Adoree is underrated and is a much better corner than he gets credit for too, he just hasn't proven to be a Pro Bowl / All Pro type corner quite yet. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Humphrey just moved into the slot last year in order for Jimmy Smith and Marcus Peters to both be on the field with him. 

But Humphrey is an All Pro corner and is simply a better corner than Adoree Jackson at this stage. 

If Adoree Jackson wants too much more than $15M annually, they should just franchise tag him after this coming year and then let him walk. 

He is not worthy of that designation. Think about it. They moved an all-pro caliber inside for a guy like Peters who gets beat all the time due to being a massive risk tasker? There is a reason Peters can't stay on a team for more than a few years. Humphrey is a good player but he is not the player you claim. I'd take the Jackson that showed up last year over Humphrey any day of the week. The only thing holding Jackson back are injuries.