IrishTitansFan

Titans Suspend In Person Activities After 8 COVID Positives

This was posted somewhere, I can’t remember where, but when is the soonest these players can come back?

I’m trying to think positively that maybe most of these cases are asymptomatic and maybe 1 or 2 can come back for Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

This was posted somewhere, I can’t remember where, but when is the soonest these players can come back?

I’m trying to think positively that maybe most of these cases are asymptomatic and maybe 1 or 2 can come back for Buffalo.

I'm not sure on this, but I can almost guarantee that none of these guys will be back before Buffalo - asymptomatic or not. There is too much risk involved with this outbreak, the NFL would not allow it anyway imo

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-covid-rules-coronavirus-football-2020/rovse8r08zbu1quh7y3joydah#What happens when an NFL player tests positive?

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm not sure on this, but I can almost guarantee that none of these guys will be back before Buffalo - asymptomatic or not. There is too much risk involved with this outbreak, the NFL would not allow it anyway imo

Well you know what?  The NFL needs to figure out a solution for the problem that they created by keeping the period at 3 days.  I am so just pissed off.  This is literally could end careers.....or worse.  Because the NFL is so goddamn arrogant and thinks that nothing can happen to them.  They’re almost as bad as you know who. 

We’re seeing on a national stage this week in Washington just how incompetent the league is and how badly they botched this.

Assuming Simmons is asymptomatic and has two negative tests in back to back days between now and Thursday he could be back by Friday for practice. That is best case scenario. Same obviously goes for everyone else but it would seem some players or staff are showing symptoms now.

I hope Vrabel gets rid of that stupid rule that you have to practice to play.  These people all know the playbook.  They don’t need to practice.  Particularly the veterans.

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

Depends on the test protocol and how the organization decides to handle it. There are different tests and time periods out there.

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Assuming Simmons is asymptomatic and has two negative tests in back to back days between now and Thursday he could be back by Friday for practice. That is best case scenario. Same obviously goes for everyone else but it would seem some players or staff are showing symptoms now.

That is based on the idea that a player had a false positive test. With an actual outbreak going on we have to assume that none of these are false positives. They aren’t going to be able to pass a COVID test for a while.

59 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That is based on the idea that a player had a false positive test. With an actual outbreak going on we have to assume that none of these are false positives. They aren’t going to be able to pass a COVID test for a while.

That’s not true. There have been people who have tested positive and then shortly after tested negative. Happened in nascar with Jimmie Johnson and Austin Dillon.

Bleow is what the Sporting News article stated with regards to coming back:

“As for when players can return to the team, it depends. Below is the NFL's wording on its rules for players returning from COVID-19 cases.

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; 

OR

Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; 

AND

At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms.”

So for those that are asymptomatic, it leaves open the door to return sooner than the others. Obviously it could be way longer. Wilson has been on it for nearly a month. It’s a case by case basis for each player. 

12 hours ago, headhunter said:

I know some people that had covid. Out of the 8 or so people one was bad off and he's in his 80s, everybody else barely had any symptoms. Mainly loss of taste and smell or a head cold. 

I know quite a few people in NYC who had COVID and then some family members in TN. 

They all contracted it in March

and they all say their lung capacity hasn’t returned to normal. 

11 minutes ago, Downtown said:

I know quite a few people in NYC who had COVID and then some family members in TN. 

They all contracted it in March

and they all say their lung capacity hasn’t returned to normal. 

Maybe the virus is not as strong as it was in March? I dunno

I'd like to see some updated on some of these people.  Are they asymptomatic?  Have symptoms?  None of the players with twitter have posted any updates about what's going on.

What on earth does this tweet mean? how could the type of contact seen on an NFL football field not be equivalent to the type of contact that is spreading the virus around the US community? The NFL sound delusional.

16 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

What on earth does this tweet mean? how could the type of contact seen on an NFL football field not be equivalent to the type of contact that is spreading the virus around the US community? The NFL sound delusional.

One thing I will note that has been consistent from the start is the emphasis of time put on transmission cases. It does seem that extended contact plays a real factor. 

The misconception is that being out doors doesn’t spread it and being distanced helps. It doesn’t. Read about the family that had a BBQ they were all outside masked up and 5

ofnthem got it and 3 died. This virus is just so god damn annoying I really am starting to think some people

who get it are just dirty nose pickers who eat their own boogers still