Titans Suspend In Person Activities After 8 COVID Positives

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

Really?  You need to read more.  

A new article has just been published in the Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology looking to see if an oral vitamin D supplement can be used to treat c-19. What were the results of this study? Among the 26 participants who did not receive vitamin D, 13 were admitted to the ICU (50%), and two died (8%). Of the 50 participants who did receive vitamin D, only one individual (2%) was admitted to the ICU, and no-one died.

On the face of it, these results are pretty damn impressive! Vitamin D supplementation resulted in a 48% absolute reduction in risk of ICU admission, and a 100% relative reduction in risk of dying! If that isn’t an effective therapy for C-19, then I don’t know what is. So tell me, why doesn't the NFL testing protocol use Vitamin D assessments to check for T cell immunity? Any guesses? Here is the published article from the PEER reviewed journal. https://www.sciencedirect.com/.../pii/S0960076020302764

If i was the family of the ones that died, i'd be pretty pissed that they withheld that damn vitamin D. 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pees definitely made the right decision to retire. 

Whoever complained about the Titans not getting enough media attention...this is all YOUR fault! 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, japan said:

That doesn't seem to be the case as one of the tweets recently cited several from the same position group effecting whether to play the game or not.

Whoever tweeting that is wrong because the NFL has specifically told teams to separate position groups in the locker room and during travel (plane/bus) to limit the possibilities of one position group being wiped out.

Any team that has an outbreak within a position group has clearly not followed NFL mandated covid-19 protocols.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Whoever tweeting that is wrong because the NFL has specifically told teams to separate position groups in the locker room and during travel (plane/bus) to limit the possibilities of one position group being wiped out.

Any team that has an outbreak within a position group has clearly not followed NFL mandated covid-19 protocols.

Is this for real? They really want those who spend time together in small groups to spread out and mingle with other groups? What medical expert signed off on that?

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I have to be honest as a citizen first, sports fan second I can't believe they are going to play this game with 8 positive tests. Even if that number doesn't increase by Saturday they have a serious issue on their hands. In any other profession, the 8 infected individuals would be quarantined for 14 days  and those who came into close contact would also be quarantined. Seems like the NFL is going with the fingers plugged in their ears defense. 

How much of that do you think is because it’s the Titans and not, say, the Steelers?  You think if the situations were reversed there’s any chance in hell they’d play?  I don’t.

Just now, scine09 said:

How much of that do you think is because it’s the Titans and not, say, the Steelers?  You think if the situations were reversed there’s any chance in hell they’d play?  I don’t.

Not one bit. The NFL season will come crashing down if they don't get a hold of this and rather than do whats right, they are hoping it goes away.

2 minutes ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

I’d rather forfeit. Why risk injury to core players to play a strong team that will practice all week while the titans will be without 3 players and zero practice. And missing 5 coaches. Not sure there is any upside to playing. 

I don’t think this makes them any more likely for injury. Maybe some of the skill position players would have issues from being tight but that’s on them to stay warmed up during the week. 

Just now, FRT said:

Finally, the reason for the push to purchase Greenland comes out.  90% of the world’s vitamin D comes from the low altitudes there.

Vitamin D is fat soluble too so that means the body has issues discarding excess amounts. Maybe we should pitch in and buy a huge bottle for bongo?

• Jonboy unpinned this topic