Titans Suspend In Person Activities After 8 COVID Positives

IrishTitansFan

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever complained about the Titans not getting enough media attention...this is all YOUR fault! 

Pees definitely made the right decision to retire. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

Dr. Fauci said take vitamin D if you are deficient just yesterday.

And this is completely fine and prudent. But assuming that all black/non-white people in the U.S. are vitamin D deficient and then using that as the reason Covid is hitting that community particularly hard (as Bongo is doing) is at best and unscientific approach to reasoning. 

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Don't bother, the moron doesn't even consider the fact that different African countries, let alone regions and cities have different elevation levels. The continent has fucking Mt. Kilimanjaro in it and the idiot talks as though the entire continent has low elevations. Can't fix stupid unless it's to remove it's ability to reproduce. I really hope someone gave Bongo the ol' snip snip before he got a chance to polute the gene pool. 

Altitude increases you exposure to UVB light = more Vitamin D.  You clearly are clueless. 

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think this is common place among some of these southern NFL cities (Atlanta and Charlotte are two others that come to mind).

I admit I'm making a big deal about a 5 minute span where they were talking about a college football game but it just pissed me off that right after hearing this news, the biggest sports story in the country likely I turn on their flagship sports station and what are they talking about?  Mostly the Titans but some college football mixed in.  Which in a situation like this should have never happened.

When I went out to lunch the covid news was all anyone was talking about on all of the sports stations.

According to the NFLN the Titans have a zoom conference call scheduled in an hours time, the NFL has told the Titans as of now the game is going ahead Sunday, Vrabel is preparing the team to play Sunday with the expectation they might only get a walkthrough on Saturday as actual on field preparation.

Obviously whoever the 3 players who tested positive won't be available Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Don't bother, the moron doesn't even consider the fact that different African countries, let alone regions and cities have different elevation levels. The continent has fucking Mt. Kilimanjaro in it and the idiot talks as though the entire continent has low elevations. Can't fix stupid unless it's to remove it's ability to reproduce. I really hope someone gave Bongo the ol' snip snip before he got a chance to polute the gene pool. 

Guess he hasn't seen 2012..... Africa survived because of it's elevation!

6 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Actually you are the idiot.  Africans have strong sun because of their location. = adequate Vitamin D.  Putting a dark skin person in the US is akin to trying to grow a cactus in the tundra, but you are too ignorant to realize that connection

This is the dumbest shit ever.  Black people have been in America before Whites.   White people make up 9% of the global population, people of color are the majority of the population.  Have you actually seen a picture of Native Americans?  Do they look like they are without pigmentation?   It's the same as always, if African Americans are dying it the same answer:  Lower socio-economic group....Not stupid quack science.

Edited by Righteous

2 minutes ago, japan said:

Wonder if this means that the players for the Titans that have it are not all starters.

Whether they are starters or not is irrelevant to the NFL they will go simply on the total number of infections and whether playing the game increases the risk to the season going forward.

There is evidence that having good Vitamin D levels is good if you have a severe case of COVID, which makes sense because that is just generally true! Being Vitamin D deficient is bad!

Making the leap to "and that is why dark skinned people are hit worse" is not really justified, and neither is saying Fauci is working with Gates to profit off of the virus!

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Whether they are starters or not is irrelevant to the NFL they will go simply on the total number of infections and whether playing the game increases the risk to the season going forward.

That doesn't seem to be the case as one of the tweets recently cited several from the same position group effecting whether to play the game or not.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic