3 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It's clear some of you don't know WTF you are talking about.

Clowney is making a big impact and it's only going to get better if he can stay healthy.  He's already worth every penny.

I don’t lead with my mouth. Just my eyes. He definitely makes an initial impact, but as far as I can tell, he stops when the play is unfolding on the other side of the field. 

I keep bringing up Simmons as the golden standard. Dude NEVER stops until the whistle blows. 

1 hour ago, GoodToGo said:

I think he was in our first game. Not so much since. Still hoping he becomes a game changer. 

What you expect,pees retired,so Mike vabryl is defensive coordinator,and he's bad at it,so you can't stick client in this mess and expect him to be a one man threat, they're other defensive players on this team that played like crap as well and I don't see them being called out

1 minute ago, Mays.clinton said:

What you expect,pees retired,so Mike vabryl is defensive coordinator,and he's bad at it,so you can't stick client in this mess and expect him to be a one man threat, they're other defensive players on this team that played like crap as well and I don't see them being called out

I think harping on grammar is trite. But good god, man. Run your post through a spell checker. 

Clowney appears to be bringing heat and getting off the blocks to me.

Hard to say on some of the containment issues and that's not just Clowney, some of that could possibly be to play calling and the edge guys are being asked to crash in.

My biggest worry is the all fo our OLB’s are not holding the edge in the run game. Clowney in particular has gotten caught running down the LOS when the QB either boots or the RB just flows right by him. They need to play contain more before going full bore at the QB or coming off backside. 

I bitched about him in the game day thread, but you can't call him a bust yet. He's been impactful -- just not enough to justify his check or the hype.

Give it time. If he doesn't start piling up some sacks quickly, this will be his last big check. He'll be marginalized into $8mil. 

Considering what this team is dealing with, the Titans TEAM gets an A.  You have to be able to smell the roses while you are walking around in them.  The defense went up against a NFL professional football team.  Even though they were 0-2, they were at home, got off to a good start and were playing some good football.  They caught a huge break too, when Clowney got the illegal block call.  

The Titans clearly don't have their best shit on defense, but they sure as hell did not fold.  This is an elite team come Thanksgiving, but right now there are a lot of pieces not on the field.  

9 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I bitched about him in the game day thread, but you can't call him a bust yet. He's been impactful -- just not enough to justify his check or the hype.

Give it time. If he doesn't start piling up some sacks quickly, this will be his last big check. He'll be marginalized into $8mil. 

How many sacks are you expecting him to start piling up?  He's never been a 10+ sack guy in his career.

8 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Definitely not a bust signing. Just want to see a 100% motor. With his pedigree, he should be setting the standard. 

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

How many sacks are you expecting him to start piling up?  He's never been a 10+ sack guy in his career.

Sacks? Would be nice. Tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage? Appreciated. Running down plays past the line of scrimmage? That’s also his damn job and something I don’t see him caring about. But I’m not an expert analyst. 

25 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

My biggest worry is the all fo our OLB’s are not holding the edge in the run game. Clowney in particular has gotten caught running down the LOS when the QB either boots or the RB just flows right by him. They need to play contain more before going full bore at the QB or coming off backside. 

It has to be schematic. Clowney has been a fantastic edge/contain player since day one. Landry was the worst offender today on not holding contain imo.