NYT Obtains Trump Tax Returns

tgo

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, SwissChz said:

I saw a poll......lmao

Is this one of Jake's attention seeking account? I don't know what's funny. I guess I should have typed voters. Instead of Trump supporters? The point still stands.

"Large swaths of the public believe the Trump myth. Across three surveys of eligible voters from 2016 to 2018, we found that as many as half of all Americans do not know that he was born into a very wealthy family. And while Americans are divided along party lines in their assessment of Trump’s performance as president, misperceptions regarding his financial background are found among Democrats and Republicans."

https://rdcu.be/bf1nl

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/01/17/many-voters-think-trumps-a-self-made-man-what-happens-when-you-tell-them-otherwise-224019

Sadly, Joe six-pack AK-47 and the evannies don't give a shit.  They don't care about the rich getting the best tax breaks.  They don't care about the corporations getting billions of dollars this year.  They don't care about 100's of 1,000's of Americans dying of covid.

Edited by Number9

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Sadly, Joe six-pack AK-47 and the evannies don't give a shit.  They don't care about the rich getting the best tax breaks.  They don't care about the corporations getting billions of dollars this year.  They don't care about 100's of 1,000's of Americans dying of covid.

This is going to do damage.  He's going to get indicted for fraud.

This is why all of his best people are melting like soft serve.  They have known he is a criminal for a long time, and now they see the writing on the wall.

Trump has plenty of money now.

Why don't they show daily the cost we pay for him to play golf?  Show what we pay for Mierlago.  And what we continue to pay for that dump Camp David.  Not good enough for his broke butt, but good enough for real billionaires like the Bushes.  What's the difference in the security cost we pay because he considers Camp David a slum?

Post a ticker of the number every day, every hour @ :15 past the hour.

@lc I misspell words all the time intentionally.

4 hours ago, ctm said:

This story probably doesn't change a single vote.  However, it's a negative news story for Trump and with just over a month to go, every negative story on Trump in the news makes it that much harder for a negative story on Biden to break through.  If the status quo holds, Trump loses.  Same for the debate on Tues.  If it's a draw and nothing fundamentally changes, it hurts Trump.  The current loser has to change it up.

That is a good point.  Though I'm not sure outside of completely fabricated BS how much more can be thrown at Biden that's not already there: gaffe machine, old/senile, in pockets of extreme leftists (now), Tara, Hunter/Ukraine.  Been the same stuff of little proven substance (outside of yes was a gaffe machine and too damn old but v Trump what does that matter in comps?)

3 hours ago, tgo said:

Yes, this is what I was getting at.  To me, him not paying taxes because he lost money isn't the issue.  The issue to me would be he's either a crap biz man and/or a cheat/fraud.  The former a real contrast to the basis for many to support him last time round.  But to most people hearing the rich pay no taxes especially as they struggle now needs context.  It's End of Story.  Won't tip many, but will affect a few of the "undecideds."