Jonboy

TItans Run More on 1st & 10 Than Any Other Team

Many of us were calling this out in the game thread and now we have the stat to back it up. The Titans are running more on 1st and 10 than any other team in the league.

This is part of what I meant after the game when I talked about us being too conservative on offense, especially when you factor in how Tannehill was playing and the kind of protection he was getting.

To be fair, this isn't only on coaching as Tannehill has also audibled into some of the 1st down runs.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Many of us were calling this out in the game thread and now we have the stat to back it up. The Titans are running more on 1st and 10 than any other team in the league.

This is part of what I meant after the game when I talked about us being too conservative on offense, especially when you factor in how Tannehill was playing and the kind of protection he was getting.

To be fair, this isn't only on coaching as Tannehill has also audibled into some of the 1st down runs.

Seems like a Mularkey-esque type of offense.

Henry has 56 carriers in two games. I think it will balances itself midway theough the season...

29 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Worked out pretty well on the 1st play from scrimmage on Sunday. Jags were definitely looking run.

Two games in a row they have opened with a PA. Seems like the start of drives is where that 30 percent pass is getting most of its weight from.

2 weeks is on the smaller end of the sample size but I get the overall point. It does make me feel better to see Baltimore and GB right there with us. Cheers to play action, and like @Starkiller mentioned - that first play to Jonnu is a direct reflection of the run threat. To be fair, I’m all for Tannehill throwing more and think it’ll balance itself out over the course of the year.  

They had the same trend last year as well as they were the most run heavy team in the NFL on 1st down.  It's something to watch if the run game continues to be mediocre.

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Most of the teams on that list are pretty good.  

Ravens and Packers have destroyed their opponent. It would make sense for them to lead as a means to chew clock.

17 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Most of the teams on that list are pretty good.  

Was just going to point that out with the exception of CLE. I expect that percentage to be more inline with the others at around the 60s as we get deeper into the season.

Edited by Aramis