Derrick Henry - week 2 vs Jags

nine

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh for fucks sake. I'm not reading all this shit. It's Week 2 watch some games.   EDIT: Actually now I see the sarcasm lol.

It's entirely likely the stretch to end last year will be the best stretch of Henry's career by far. It's really not a sustainable stretch. Chris Johnson got a massive contract and fan love because of

From the other thread I think you’re wrong. So is Bud. He was getting lit up by the DL. He’s still the same runner. Maybe you guys are harping on the two toss plays. Those weren’t his fault. He got us positive yardage, and on the couple plays they gave him a hole he broke for good runs. He’s fine. 

I was disappointed with Henry's performance in week 1.    Even though his numbers dropped in week 2, it seemed like he ran harder and had plays where looked like his usual self.

I'll admit...it's possible that I'm glamorizing last year's performance and expecting too much.     But if you'll watch his performance vs. Denver LAST year (his worst game of the season)....it just seemed like he ran with a bit more forward lean.   This extra momentum allowed him to keeping moving forward while going down to pick up an extra 2-3 yards after contact, which we rarely saw in weeks 1-2 this year.

2019 Week 6 - Henry vs Broncos

28 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

He’ll get better as the year goes on. Just what he does. I heard Mike Wright on the Fantasy Footballer’s podcast say “The man grows in strength as the winter approaches.” and thought it was pretty good.

The worry is that he will have 300 touches before December even hits at this pace though

The screen pass that Henry didn’t catch against jags, either was bad pass or what, was a TD for sure. Titans need to keep thinking of ways to get him the ball out in the edge. Not that sweep toss on third and one. That was horrible. Fake  that to Henry and let Tannehill run or throw. Teams so far loading up to stop Henry. And after the playoffs last year, can you blame them. Tannehill has made them pay for it so far. Our biggest concern right now is not Henry. But our defense. 

3 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

You guys are nuts. 

How is pointing out that Henry has infinitely more carries at this point of the season than any other of his career "nuts".... no one is saying the guy sucks or won't be stronger as the season progresses like he has every year

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Since 2013, no team has averaged 28 rushing attempts/game over a season and be outside the top 10 in rushing attempts

aka Henry is currently on pace to carry the ball more than 22 entire teams typically do an entire year (dumb cherry picked stat that will not last over the course of the season, but hey... the more you know)

Edited by wiscotitansfan

We need to stop over-analyzing this shit.

I know it's what we do and what we like to do. But it's Week 2 ... who cares? Easy with the narratives right now.

A lot o the RB position is about feel and timing. So you have to let things play out before micromanaging every carry.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

A lot o the RB position is about feel and timing. So you have to let things play out before micromanaging every carry.

Especially since there was no preseason, 28 carries/game obviously won't last but it will be a bit worrisome if he racks up almost 150 carries by week 5

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Especially since there was no preseason, 28 carries/game obviously won't last but it will be a bit worrisome if he racks up almost 150 carries by week 5

And I'm not saying don't watch the All-22. But there's no need to start coming up with any narrative based on two weeks.

Players have been watching Henry highlights all offseason. You don't think they were geared up to stop him? Especially the Jaguars. 

They're men with pride, if I was in that locker room I'd be happy if Tannehill threw for 500 yards before I'd let Henry stiff-arm me for 200 yards again.

Edited by big2033