Tannehill is officially a top 5 QB

kyle021

51 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

There are so many homers on this site these days it's sickening. Now Tannehill is a top 5 QB, really?

Even if Brady is no longer up there the top 3 right now are definitely Mahomes, Jackson, and Wilson. I hope we can agree on that.

It's tough to keep Rodgers out of the top 5, the dude is still one of the best ever, and obviously one of the best today. That makes 4.

So for RT to be in the top 5 that means he's better than Brees, Watson, Roethlisberger, Brady, Wentz, Stafford, Ryan, and Prescott?

He is a better QB than Jackson.  At least, he is a better passer.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about that 9ers QB?

Mariota would have been the deer laying dead on the side of the road with one of his legs missing.

Mullens is alright...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

There are so many homers on this site these days it's sickening. Now Tannehill is a top 5 QB, really?

Even if Brady is no longer up there the top 3 right now are definitely Mahomes, Jackson, and Wilson. I hope we can agree on that.

It's tough to keep Rodgers out of the top 5, the dude is still one of the best ever, and obviously one of the best today. That makes 4.

So for RT to be in the top 5 that means he's better than Brees, Watson, Roethlisberger, Brady, Wentz, Stafford, Ryan, and Prescott?

Since he took over last season, he has definitely outplayed Watson, Roethlisberger, Brady, Wentz, Stafford, Ryan, and Prescott. No question. It is shown in passer rating, TDs, wins, playoff success, YPA, etc, etc. Anybody's ranking is subjective. Every QB is in different situations and that, by definition, means that people are projecting how QB A would do in QB B's situation and vice verso. 

Tannehill is tarnished by his time in Miami. I also think there are some real questions about his ability to respond when the passing game degenerates to playground ball. OTOH, if the pass protection is at least decent and the defense is consistently covering receivers tightly and larger chunks of yardage per pass are needed, it would be hard to rank too many QBs over Tannehill. 

In other words, if you want a guy to run around and improvise, take Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Rodgers, Prescott, Murray, and maybe Josh Allen, Newton, Mayfield, etc.

If you want a guy to stand tough in the pocket and throw 18 yard TDs while getting crushed in the face, take Tannehill over most of those guys. 

I still put him somewhere between 5 and 10. IMO, the QBs in that range are all good enough and the order is just personal preference. 

I mean he is currently on pace for 3,905 yards, 48 TD’s and 0 INT’s and 115+ QB rating.

The TD:INT ratio won’t last obviously, however I see him tossing for 4K yards and if Smith wants to keep Henry ready and rested and given him bigger lanes to run through then he will start to let RT throw it for 35-40 times a game for the next few weeks to back defenses off and give Henry 18-22 carries a game. We are really missing Evans on offense to give Henry that spell RB to keep his legs fresh for the second half of games. Until then his spell needs to be RT’s arm and watch him put up major stats and points. 

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

For the past 15 months, not "historically" I would say it isn't  homerish to have an honest discussion about him performing as well or better than anyone on the list you have at the end of that post.

2 hours ago, Logical said:

Yes, a stat with Matt Schaub, Marcus Mariota, David Garrard, Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, David Carr, and Chad Pennington in the Top-20 ALL TIME definitely means a lot.

hahahahaha

Only an idiot would use non-adjusted passer rating to compare QBs from different eras. Comparing them in the same year is fine. 

Only a bigger idiot would lie about all time rankings.....

image.png.4aa5923779c2aa7b780fa079dee50c56.png

image.png.bcd8d00548a1b11aff0dd7cbaef0523d.png

image.png.1de698c3505a7235cca429a1c77e0b20.png

8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Wilson, Mahomes and it looks like Rodgers might be back in top form. 

After that you can start making a case for Tannehill. 

Pretty much this. Based off of this season so far, Brady and Brees are not even Top 10 candidates. All you had to do is watch their first game against one another to see they’re at best top 15, fringe Top 10 candidates now. 

So far, it’s Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers and everyone else.