kyle021

Tannehill is officially a top 5 QB

His former eyes wide open coach Gase did him no favors in Miami and is currently setting up Darnold for failure in NY.

”In the second quarter of Sunday’s loss to the 49ers, the Jets went for it on fourth-and-1 at San Francisco’s 20-yard line. Although the 49ers’ defensive line left a gap between the center and left guard where quarterback Sam Darnold appeared to have space to take the snap and sneak forward for a first down, Darnold instead handed off to running back Josh Adams, who was stopped for no gain.

So why didn’t Darnold just take what the defense was giving him? He and head coach Adam Gase both said that when Gase made the play call, Darnold didn’t have the authority to audible out of it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/21/adam-gase-wouldnt-let-sam-darnold-audible-on-fourth-and-1/

Gase’s claim to fame is coaching an already HOF QB in Peyton Manning who probably didn’t give a shit what Gase thought in Denver.

Edited by TitansFan23

2 hours ago, Maker84 said:

He needs to be putting up ALOT more stats to be considered top 5. Titans do good at protecting him with the PA game. Could Tannehill be relied on to throw the ball 35+ times a game consistently and providing the bulk of the offensive yards? I’m not so sure 

So, you're saying a team can't have balance and have a top 5 QB?  Sorry, but I think you're way off base.

5 hours ago, scine09 said:

This seems like a homeristic take.

He's played great and the numbers back that up.  But how long do you have to do it to be ahead of people who do this on a year in and year out basis?

How many QBs post passer ratings of 115+ year in and year out?

Just now, FinFaninNOVA said:

How many QBs post passer ratings of 115+ year in and year out?

I'm not saying that he's not underrated.  I'm just saying that he hasn't consistently played like this (before last year).  If he has a complete season and continues playing like this?  Then he would absolutely belong in the conversation.

3 hours ago, Maker84 said:

He needs to be putting up ALOT more stats to be considered top 5. Titans do good at protecting him with the PA game. Could Tannehill be relied on to throw the ball 35+ times a game consistently and providing the bulk of the offensive yards? I’m not so sure 

With which roster? Tenn? No. KC? Yes. 

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I'm not saying that he's not underrated.  I'm just saying that he hasn't consistently played like this (before last year).  If he has a complete season and continues playing like this?  Then he would absolutely belong in the conversation.

I’ll counter with none of the guys who succeed year in and year out would have in Miami 

2 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

I’ll counter with none of the guys who succeed year in and year out would have in Miami 

It's obvious that me and many others underrated him in Miami.  He doesn't go from being the complete stiff that many people thought (and unfortunately still think) that he is to playing like this.  

How do the Miami fans feel about how he's done with the Titans?  Are they trying to say that it's everyone but him and making excuses to make themselves feel better since it didn't work out in Miami?  Or are they rooting for him?  I got the feeling that he was never really loved as a Dolphin.  I still remember the game against the Titans that the fans were chanting for Moore.

Edited by scine09

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It's obvious that me and many others underrated him in Miami.  He doesn't go from being the complete stiff that many people thought (and unfortunately still think) that he is to playing like this.  

How do the Miami fans feel about how he's done with the Titans?  Are they trying to say that it's everyone but him and making excuses to make themselves feel better since it didn't work out in Miami?  Or are they rooting for him?  I got the feeling that he was never really loved as a Dolphin.  I still remember the game against the Titans that the fans were chanting for Moore.

Definitely two minds.... some, like me, are thrilled with how he is doing and feel vindicated by what he is doing. Others are simply trying to deny what is happening. 

1 hour ago, TitansFan23 said:

His former eyes wide open coach Gase did him no favors in Miami and is currently setting up Darnold for failure in NY.

”In the second quarter of Sunday’s loss to the 49ers, the Jets went for it on fourth-and-1 at San Francisco’s 20-yard line. Although the 49ers’ defensive line left a gap between the center and left guard where quarterback Sam Darnold appeared to have space to take the snap and sneak forward for a first down, Darnold instead handed off to running back Josh Adams, who was stopped for no gain.

So why didn’t Darnold just take what the defense was giving him? He and head coach Adam Gase both said that when Gase made the play call, Darnold didn’t have the authority to audible out of it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/21/adam-gase-wouldnt-let-sam-darnold-audible-on-fourth-and-1/

Gase’s claim to fame is coaching an already HOF QB in Peyton Manning who probably didn’t give a shit what Gase thought in Denver.

We know that last part is true. I could have been mannings's OC. 

1 hour ago, JT2000 said:

So, you're saying a team can't have balance and have a top 5 QB?  Sorry, but I think you're way off base.

*cough* Wilson *cough*

8 hours ago, scine09 said:

This seems like a homeristic take.

There are so many homers on this site these days it's sickening. Now Tannehill is a top 5 QB, really?

Even if Brady is no longer up there the top 3 right now are definitely Mahomes, Jackson, and Wilson. I hope we can agree on that.

It's tough to keep Rodgers out of the top 5, the dude is still one of the best ever, and obviously one of the best today. That makes 4.

So for RT to be in the top 5 that means he's better than Brees, Watson, Roethlisberger, Brady, Wentz, Stafford, Ryan, and Prescott?