Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

And throwing to Greg Ward, Travis Fulgham, John Hightower, Richard Rogers etc. 

 

almost led a comeback with out Miles Sanders and Ertz in the 4th QT.

 

 

Exactly... it's totally ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

He’s not playing great but to expect him to do so while playing with a bunch of backups and PS quality players is hilarious. 

Good QBs overcome bad supporting casts. He has been terrible and the main problem. Yesterday was his best game of the year. He constantly misses wide open receivers. How is that their fault?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Good QBs overcome bad supporting casts. 

 

The Eagles were without their top 6 OL, their skill people are decimated. No, QBs do not overcome this 

 

Last year the Eagles had a terrible supporting cast and Wentz took them to the postseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

 

The Eagles were without their top 6 OL, their skill people are decimated. No, QBs do not overcome this 

 

Last year the Eagles had a terrible supporting cast and Wentz took them to the postseason. 

Kelce is still there. They are missing 6 guys yes but it's not their best 6, 3 of them were backups. The OL was terrible yesterday but was fine in a couple of games this year. Jordan Mailata and Nate Herbig look like long term starters and have played well. Wentz was running into sacks before yesterday, it was hilarious and he got rightly bashed by everyone.

 

Last year the Eagles had one of the easiest run ins to a season you are likely to see. That's why they made the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wentz has looked plenty bad in recent times even when his OL isn't leaking defenders or his receivers aren't dropping TDs. He had more than a few bad moments in this game too, which two dropped TDs wouldn't have absolved. He also got pretty lucky on one of his TD throws where he basically just launched it up and his WR made a great play to high point it and come down with the TD. He's not playing well overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Kelce is still there. They are missing 6 guys yes but it's not their best 6, 3 of them were backups. The OL was terrible yesterday but was fine in a couple of games this year. Jordan Mailata and Nate Herbig look like long term starters and have played well. Wentz was running into sacks before yesterday, it was hilarious and he got rightly bashed by everyone.

 

Last year the Eagles had one of the easiest run ins to a season you are likely to see. That's why they made the playoffs

Kelce is the only starter that is healthy. Peters, Dilliard, Brooks, Seumalo and Lane Johnson are all starters. Peters only came back because Brooks was ruled out for the year during the offseason. Lane Johnson had ankle surgery weeks before the season started and has been trying to play hobbled. Alshon, Djax, Reagor, Goedert, Ertz and Sanders are all either currently injured or working their way back from injuries. 

 

Could you imagine if we took away Lewan, Saffold, Kelly, Davis and Sambraillo and forced Tannehill to have Mcnichols, Firkser, Westbrook-Ikhine, Batson and Raymond as his top skill position guys? I can promise you Tannehill would look more like he did in Miami. 

 

Tannehill is literally proof that good QBs can't overcome a shitty supporting cast. 

 

No one is saying Wentz isn't playing poorly but to say his struggles aren't related to his supporting cast is a joke. Sure him missing throws or making bad decisions aren't on them, but he's always had that issue. He doesn't have any talent to bail him out. He is forcing throws and clearly isn't comfortable in the pocket. Can you imagine how he feels coming up to the LOS and having the Ravens front 7 standing in front of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Kelce is the only starter that is healthy. Peters, Dilliard, Brooks, Seumalo and Lane Johnson are all starters. Peters only came back because Brooks was ruled out for the year during the offseason. Lane Johnson had ankle surgery weeks before the season started and has been trying to play hobbled. Alshon, Djax, Reagor, Goedert, Ertz and Sanders are all either currently injured or working their way back from injuries. 

 

Could you imagine if we took away Lewan, Saffold, Kelly, Davis and Sambraillo and forced Tannehill to have Mcnichols, Firkser, Westbrook-Ikhine, Batson and Raymond as his top skill position guys? I can promise you Tannehill would look more like he did in Miami. 

 

Tannehill is literally proof that good QBs can't overcome a shitty supporting cast. 

 

No one is saying Wentz isn't playing poorly but to say his struggles aren't related to his supporting cast is a joke. Sure him missing throws or making bad decisions aren't on them, but he's always had that issue. He doesn't have any talent to bail him out. He is forcing throws and clearly isn't comfortable in the pocket. Can you imagine how he feels coming up to the LOS and having the Ravens front 7 standing in front of him?

I know. That's what I said. Their OL was playing OK before yesterday. Like I said they have found 2 starters in Mailata and Herbig who are playing really well.

 

Of course the supporting cast is hindering him. I don't think Wentz is the worst QB in the NFL but he's playing like it because of them. The reality is Wentz isn't a top 15 QB regardless of his supporting cast

 

Also, Tannehill was without Lewan (for a half), Davis, Humphries, and had a 50% healthy AJ Brown and completely destroyed the Bills. He is far and away better than Wentz and it's not even close

Edited by IrishTitansFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I know. That's what I said. Their OL was playing OK before yesterday. Like I said they have found 2 starters in Mailata and Herbig who are playing really well.

 

Of course the supporting cast is hindering him. I don't think Wentz is the worst QB in the NFL but he's playing like it because of them. The reality is Wentz isn't a top 15 QB regardless of his supporting cast

 

Also, Tannehill was without Lewan (for a half), Davis, Humphries, and had a 50% healthy AJ Brown and completely destroyed the Bills. He is far and away better than Wentz and it's not even close

Wentz isn't a top 15 QB regardless of of his supporting cast? Really. I would like to see your list. You would have to put guys like Carr, Burrow, Rivers, Mayfield, Goff, Bridgewater, Jimmy G or Cam  in front of him for that to be the case. If you are saying regardless of the support cast you have to factor in the players around them too so good luck because all those QBs have a better supporting cast. 

 

Whoa Tannehill got hit hard with injuries! Take away Henry, Jonnu, and 4 other OL. AJB at 50%? cmon man. He wouldn't be playing if he was at 50% from a knee injury that could lead to further complications. 

 

The injuries aren't even comparable to what Wentz and the Eagles are going through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Wentz isn't a top 15 QB regardless of of his supporting cast? Really. I would like to see your list. You would have to put guys like Carr, Burrow, Rivers, Mayfield, Goff, Bridgewater, Jimmy G or Cam  in front of him for that to be the case. If you are saying regardless of the support cast you have to factor in the players around them too so good luck because all those QBs have a better supporting cast. 

 

Whoa Tannehill got hit hard with injuries! Take away Henry, Jonnu, and 4 other OL. AJB at 50%? cmon man. He wouldn't be playing if he was at 50% from a knee injury that could lead to further complications. 

 

The injuries aren't even comparable to what Wentz and the Eagles are going through. 

Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Tanny, Watson, Dak, Stafford, Big Ben, Brady, Allen, Murray, Burrow are all better than him. Then you can argue Ryan, Goff, Brees, Carr, Jimmy G, Mayfield. I would put them all in the same category as Wentz.

 

He has all the natural talent in the world but he runs into sacks, constantly misses or throws behind open receivers, and flat out does not see guys streaking down the field wide open. 

 

Obviously he has lost more than Tanny, but he has been the worst QB in the NFL this year. 2020 Tanny would make the Eagles offense look great. We'll see it now, Wentz now has a better LT and C than Tannehill. Lets see who does better under pressure

Edited by IrishTitansFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Tanny, Watson, Dak, Stafford, Big Ben, Brady, Allen, Murray, Burrow are all better than him. Then you can argue Ryan, Goff, Brees, Carr, Jimmy G, Mayfield. I would put them all in the same category as Wentz.

 

He has all the natural talent in the world but he runs into sacks, constantly misses or throws behind open receivers, and flat out does not see guys streaking down the field wide open. 

 

Obviously he has lost more than Tanny, but he has been the worst QB in the NFL this year. 2020 Tanny would make the Eagles offense look great. We'll see it now, Wentz now has a better LT and C than Tannehill. Lets see who does better under pressure

So you don't have a real list but you want to declare him not top 15 even though your list potentially puts him as a top 15? I think you forgot to not factor in supporting cast with your list but whatever. Rankings are all opinions. I disagree with your thoughts on Wentz and you disagree with mine. If you really think Wentz is the worst QB in the league right now, you need to watch more games around the league. 

 

Tannehill would be struggling on the Eagles right now too. 

 

Wentz is going to likely continue to struggle this year unless the Eagles magically get healthy. He pulled off a miracle with them last year with a bad supporting cast and this year the offense is even worse. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

So you don't have a real list but you want to declare him not top 15 even though your list potentially puts him as a top 15? I think you forgot to not factor in supporting cast with your list but whatever. Rankings are all opinions. I disagree with your thoughts on Wentz and you disagree with mine. If you really think Wentz is the worst QB in the league right now, you need to watch more games around the league. 

 

Tannehill would be struggling on the Eagles right now too. 

 

Wentz is going to likely continue to struggle this year unless the Eagles magically get healthy. He pulled off a miracle with them last year with a bad supporting cast and this year the offense is even worse. 

 

 

I'd have to sit down but he's somewhere between 13-20. Any talk of him top 10 is completely laughable.

 

Tanny wouldn't be struggling on any team. Tanny doesn't miss wide open receivers on third down. Wentz offensive line has been mostly fine outside of yesterday. He is the second most sacked QB in the league. I remember a QB who was constantly sacked and the OL was blamed for 5 years.

 

And LOL at him pulling off a miracle last year. They beat the terrible Giants twice, the terrible Redskins and beat the Cowboys scoring just 17 points. If there was one tough game on the schedule the last 4 weeks they don't make the playoffs

Edited by IrishTitansFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I'd have to sit down but he's somewhere between 13-20. Any talk of him top 10 is completely laughable.

 

Tanny wouldn't be struggling on any team. Tanny doesn't miss wide open receivers on third down. Wentz offensive line has been mostly fine outside of yesterday. He is the second most sacked QB in the league. I remember a QB who was constantly sacked and the OL was blamed for 5 years.

 

And LOL at him pulling off a miracle last year. They beat the terrible Giants twice, the terrible Redskins and beat the Cowboys scoring just 17 points. If there was one tough game on the schedule the last 4 weeks they don't make the playoffs

Ok. 

 

I wasn't talking about the Eagles making playoffs. I could careless about their W/L and opponents they played to get there. Wentz has no control over who they play at what point in the season. We got a cake walk game week 17 to make playoffs. Should we hold that against our team? If Houston doesn't clinch playoffs we could have lost week 17 and missed out on playoffs.

 

In 2019 Wentz was a top 10 QB. He did it with a bad supporting cast. He's the first QB in the history of the NFL to throw for 4000 yards and not have a single WR have 500 yards. I'll save you the response of saying their best receivers are their TEs because even Ertz and Goedert were just their normal productive seasons so lack of WRs catching the ball didn't really have an increase in their production. Even combined their stats are similar to Mike Thomas who was the clear cut WR1 in the NFL last year. Ertz clearly benefits from having pass catchers around him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wentz is average at best raised in a great scheme fit with continuity of offense... he's had great talent much of his career.

 

He gets hurt and he's very average. Was outplayed by his backup.

 

He'll probably have a decently long career and will just be about average the whole time... but they may go far a few years because of the consistency in the system and a good FO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...