Carson Wentz could be in trouble

IrishTitansFan

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was hilarious that the Eagles piped in boos when he threw that pick in the redzone. Even when they aren't at the stadium the people of Philadelphia find a way! 

He’s in a Miami/Tanny situation right now!

Apparently only qbs not named Wentz are expected to elevate their team regardless of the talent around them.

Posted Images

Just now, OILERMAN said:

There is no doubt Wentz play took a huge plunge this season

But if he goes to the Colts with Reich and breaks out and Hurts flops the Eagles will look like the biggest fools in history, and it's a very real possibility 

I'm not sure they see Hurts as the long term solution either.

Eagles GM Howie Roseman has always been ultra aggressive it wouldn't be shocking if part of the reason they were happy to throw away yesterday's game as it puts them in a better position to be able to trade up for one of the top QB's in this years draft.

The Eagles are in for a couple of years where they have to repair their salary cap and the best way to do that is with a QB on a cost controlled rookie salary.

34 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

But if he goes to the Colts with Reich and breaks out and Hurts flops the Eagles will look like the biggest fools in history, and it's a very real possibility 

I don't think he'll ever work out in Philly now. Not unless they completely clean house and emulate the same experience as going to an entirely new org, which is just unrealistic to expect for a guy whose looking like a bust. If you knew for sure it would work then obviously it's worth it, but it's not worth the risk now. Although the Eagles will likely be in QB purgatory regardless.

If he turns it around it will have to be elsewhere, I don't think Philly look dumb if that happens because I don't think it happens without moving on.

Look I'm no carson wentz fan. He's not all that but he isn't bad. He's David Carr-ish at best. But I do think he can get the job done, and moving on from him after one bad statistical year would be a mistake, at least from a talent standpoint.

The only reason I'd let him go is that primadonna attitude of his. If he thinks he's too good to compete for his spot then ship his ass. If you're good enough to be the starter then you'll win the job. He doesn't have the attitude of a leader or a winner.

Because of that I think the colts would be making a mistake taking him if Rivers is willing to come back. Rivers is a future HOFer and had a great year this year. Talk of him being done is overstated. He had one bad year last year with the crazy interception number but he looks back to form and frankly it's no guarantee Wentz could do better. In fact I'd bet he wouldn't. Add the contract they'd be getting and they'd do better to draft a replacement and bring Rivers back.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:56 PM, OILERMAN said:

? We dodged a big one there. Wentz can now continue his good play in Philly and we don’t have to worry about him making the Colts perennial SB attendees!

12 hours ago, japan said:

? We dodged a big one there. Wentz can now continue his good play in Philly and we don’t have to worry about him making the Colts perennial SB attendees!

I know

Yeah I just read the above article. Wentz isn’t only terrible, he’s a monster asshole. He’s had one very good year where he excelled on 3rd down & in the red zone to a degree that was never maintainable & they improved in the playoffs with Nick Foles.  He’s not good.