Game, Tannehill and the defense

OILERMAN

8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Brown played every snap on defense.  It's way more likely that he's tiring than anything else.

3down LBs usually play every snap or close to it. It also doesn't explain his play against the Broncos. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the injuries going into this game all that really mattered was winning it. They did.    Tannehill and the offense have to regress from last season right? Not so far. Tannehill has a hig

BTW, the hype on Minshew after this game is sickening. I saw on twitter and on the NFLN how great Minshew was("Amazing game").    I might remind people he had two INTs and took a 20 yard sac

Rashaan Evans where are you? Only thing we've seen is the ejection 

53 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Brown too. He's one of the best coverage/pursuit LBs in the game and he's been invisible outside of the one pdef yesterday. The defense doesn't work with 3rd stringers in the secondary and your starting ILBs playing like dog shit.

I thought Brown was absolutely terrible against the run yesterday. There was one big run from Robinson where it literally looked like Brown was trying to find an OL to block him

1 minute ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I thought Brown was absolutely terrible against the run yesterday. There was one big run from Robinson where it literally looked like Brown was trying to find an OL to block him

It was concerning how often both Evans and Brown were filling the wrong gaps yesterday, also remember Brown turning inside on one play and losing outside contain on Minshew that cost us a 3rd down stop.

17 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Interesting as it was shoulder surgery that he was recovering from this offseason.

Really? I thought he had a leg or knee injury. He definitely looks a step slower which doesn't make sense at his age. 

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Really? I thought he had a leg or knee injury. He definitely looks a step slower which doesn't make sense at his age. 

Yep he hurt the shoulder in the playoff win against the Patriots missed the Ravens game made it back for the Chiefs game and had offseason surgery to repair whatever the damage was, he started training camp on PUP as he worked his way back from the shoulder surgery.

24 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

It was concerning how often both Evans and Brown were filling the wrong gaps yesterday, also remember Brown turning inside on one play and losing outside contain on Minshew that cost us a 3rd down stop.

Evans in particular has struggled with this pretty much since we drafted him. His strong stretch to finish last season masked a lot of the mistakes he made early on. I think that  too often he's out there guessing, shooting gaps and hoping to luck into something. It would explain why he's either smacking someone in the backfield or creating a huge running lane for the opposing RB. Jayon is usually a little more disciplined but he's a little guy and if he's nursing that shoulder still, he's even less likely to fight through blocks. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

BTW, the hype on Minshew after this game is sickening. I saw on twitter and on the NFLN how great Minshew was("Amazing game"). 

I might remind people he had two INTs and took a 20 yard sack like an idiot. 

Not a lot of RT love after the game 

Yea don’t get the media hype on him or our posters giving him praise. His stat line was more a failure of our defense than anything he did. 

Edited by Aramis

7 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Not quite sure why they aren’t playing Correa more to give Landry and Clowney some breathers. Doesn’t really make much sense. 

The only thing I can think of is they’re trying to build their conditioning for the long haul since there was no offseason?