2 hours ago, ctm said:

Henry had over 400 touches last year.  Not many RBs can handle that work load and sustain their productivity.

This is the biggest reason Darrynton Evans needs to heal up and get out there. Give him every 3rd series or so to let Henry rest up. Henry's best ball is usually in the 2nd half of games anyway after the defense starts getting tired. It'd be great if he were fresher going into the 4th so he can knock teams the fuck out.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

For the love of God. He hasnt even played a full season for us yet. Why do posters on this board jump on peoples dick so quickly only to throw them under the bus shortly afterwards when they go downhill? This was the same shit with Mariota. All those posters showing dumbass "first 2 season stat comparison" bull shit. McNair gave multiple seasons of top level play. Lets wait until Tannehill has done the same before we start comparing the 2. 

5 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

You guys are looking at it all wrong----yes, Henry's numbers haven't been what we grew to expect last year, but his very presence in the backfield is opening a ton of room in the passing game. The simple threat of him in the backfield has been worth his contract so far.

And, you know that (eventually) teams will start to drop more guys into coverage to keep Tannehill from gathering chunks of yardage, at which point we'll see the Derrick Henry we all loved from last year wasting fools on the 2nd level when he gets through an unstacked box. 

It feels nice to have 2 guys that are capable of taking over a game on offense.

That's the way I feel about it.  I'm not too worried about Henry.  Yeah, he's looked soft at times, but he's pushed for hard yards too.  

The run game will only get better as we work out the bugs, in the mean time the passing game is working just fine.  It's clear a defensive game plan can't mainly be to stop the run on us.  

The defense is more troublesome to me.  Hopefully once we get some guys back, it'll improve, but I'm not sold on being DC-less.  I guess a positive is several young players are getting starting experience quickly.  Lots of tape to watch and learn from.  Could prove beneficial as the season progresses.  Good thing we've managed wins in their learning on the job.  

40 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

For the love of God. He hasnt even played a full season for us yet. Why do posters on this board jump on peoples dick so quickly only to throw them under the bus shortly afterwards when they go downhill? This was the same shit with Mariota. All those posters showing dumbass "first 2 season stat comparison" bull shit. McNair gave multiple seasons of top level play. Lets wait until Tannehill has done the same before we start comparing the 2. 

What do you expect from a fanbase that hasn't seen solid QB play since the McNair days? Honestly look at the shit show we've had over the past decade +. RT has done enough to win me over and I just hope it continues. I don't remember the last time I wasn't holding my breath on 3rd down. We finally can move the chains consistently and it feels good. Enjoy it while yea can. 

13 hours ago, Bluth said:

What do you expect from a fanbase that hasn't seen solid QB play since the McNair days? Honestly look at the shit show we've had over the past decade +. RT has done enough to win me over and I just hope it continues. I don't remember the last time I wasn't holding my breath on 3rd down. We finally can move the chains consistently and it feels good. Enjoy it while yea can. 

Yes he has been good so far and Im happy with him as well. That doesnt mean he is in discussions with people like McNair or Moon yet. That takes years to accomplish. People need to stop making such stupid declarations. Like I said people were doing the same shit with Mariota. Comparing his early season stats and making claims he was the best QB this franchise had ever had. Its pathetic.  I would say you have to have at least 3 years of top play to be in the same discussions as McNair or Moon. 

14 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

I'm about as big a Henry guy as you'll find but I don't see anyone going crazy or over the top in criticizing him. Most are just pointing to the reality that as of right now, mostly due to external factors but also a little bit on Henry, he isn't producing with nearly the same efficiency as last season. That's a fact and just because we all expect things to improve that doesn't make it out of bounds to mention. It's ironic that you bring up Mariota because part of this board's problem with him was that they didn't want to hear anything slightly negative about him until those negatives cost him the job. Obviously that won't happen with Henry but still; it's ok to talk about negatives. No one is freaking out...yet lol.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm about as big a Henry guy as you'll find but I don't see anyone going crazy or over the top in criticizing him. Most are just pointing to the reality that as of right now, mostly due to external factors but also a little bit on Henry, he isn't producing with nearly the same efficiency as last season. That's a fact and just because we all expect things to improve that doesn't make it out of bounds to mention. It's ironic that you bring up Mariota because part of this board's problem with him was that they didn't want to hear anything slightly negative about him until those negatives cost him the job. Obviously that won't happen with Henry but still; it's ok to talk about negatives. No one is freaking out...yet lol.

wth are you talking about? What does Henry have to do with anything? This is people already trying to put Tannehill on the same level as guys like McNair and Moon. With less than 16 starts he is somehow already better than players who put in years. Thats whats being talked about. Henry is fine and has nothing to do with the conversation. 

3 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

wth are you talking about? What does Henry have to do with anything? This is people already trying to put Tannehill on the same level as guys like McNair and Moon. With less than 16 starts he is somehow already better than players who put in years. Thats whats being talked about. Henry is fine and has nothing to do with the conversation. 

Lol, I totally misread your post. Now that I read it correctly...I still disagree. Tannehill is the best passer we've seen in TN.

Just now, Blackjack said:

Get out of here with all your facts! 

When you sign the big contract everything gets more magnified. But Henry and the run game has typically started slower. They get going as the season goes on. I'm not concerned. In a way I'm ok with it because its forcing Tannehill to carry more of the load.

17 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

None of that changes the fact that Tannehill has been a much better QB and especially much better passer than McNair

Henry is due for a huge week against the Vikings.  I hopped over to some of their forums, and they are extremely pessimistic about facing Henry.