3 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Henry looks like he still has pop to his runs though.  If he was trudging to the line like an asthmatic Lendale White, I'd get that, but he's still got burst.  He hasn't been able to break tackles at the same rate, but he's not been in many positions to beat a man in the 1v1 this year either.  I'm not overly concerned.  If this is happening by the midway point of the season, I'll be more concerned.

Henry typically gets stronger in the  2nd half. Not concerned yet either. It's early.

4 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Henry looks like he still has pop to his runs though.  If he was trudging to the line like an asthmatic Lendale White, I'd get that, but he's still got burst.  He hasn't been able to break tackles at the same rate, but he's not been in many positions to beat a man in the 1v1 this year either.  I'm not overly concerned.  If this is happening by the midway point of the season, I'll be more concerned.

Yea, I'm not saying its a problem yet but if you were judging after 2 games then the NFL experts have gotten it exactly reversed on which player would regress.  It's Henry, not Tannehill.

Another note is Cameron Batson looked great today. He caught everything thrown his way and has some nice speed.

I'm not worried about Henry yet, he'll get in the groove soon enough. 

25 minutes ago, Bluth said:

Another note is Cameron Batson looked great today. He caught everything thrown his way and has some nice speed.

I'm not worried about Henry yet, he'll get in the groove soon enough. 

Batson looked solid in 2018. I remember he made some nice plays vs Dallas that year. 

3 hours ago, code said:

1, Tannehill has provided the Titans the best consistent QB play we have had since the Mac era and really better than much of the Mac era.

2. The inability to rush the passer is a killer. Clowney isn't in game shape. Landry has been mediocre. And while Simmons has been good, we are missing the explosion from Casey up the middle (I know, overrated, blah blah blah - not the last 6 -8 games of last season).

3. Likewise, we are missing Austin Johnson and his ability to clog the running lanes. 

4. Offensive line pass protection has been spectacular. Not so much in the running game.

5. Surprised we didn't try to push the ball downfield more against the Jags. Felt like the offensive play calling started to cover for the defense's inability to get off of the field.

6. Gardner Minshew is massively underrated. They don't need to draft Lawrence. Amazing what he is doing with just a bunch of guys around him.

7. Which speaks to not great back 7 play - though in truth, they got no help today from the rush.

8. Gostkowski still has plenty of leg. Have to hope he continues to come around. Missed extra point could have been a killer.

9. Didn't like the way the Titans failed to attack on that final scoring drive. Appreciate Vrabel's short memory with the K, but it just felt a very flaccid effort.

10. 2-0 doesn't happen very often here in Nashville - and the team clearly isn't playing their best football. As long as Tannehill and the Line are healthy, and Arthur Smith is calling the plays, team is going to be a tough out. 

Fun game . But didn't need to be as close as it ended. Shouldn't have been.

5. Surprised we didn't try to push the ball downfield more against the Jags. Felt like the offensive play calling started to cover for the defense's inability to get off of the field.

I think you have it right.  There're too many pieces missing on D to have them on the field too much.  The passing game was on today, but if we go in with a more open game there's a possibility right now the D might not hold if we wind up in a shootout.  Minshew is playing well, but part of it is the lack of film on him.  They had a lot of spacing today so he could see his targets.  Then with the game on the line, they closed him off and bingo.  That was maybe the worse pass he threw all day.

8. Gostkowski still has plenty of leg. Have to hope he continues to come around. Missed extra point could have been a killer.

We just need another kicker.  Gosko was missing kicks last year, that's why BB let him go.  He is personally putting extra pressure on the team making them have to adjust the attack because they don't know what will happen if he kicks.  He has missed 5 kicks.  FIVE in two games.  Today, Tucker was 4/4 FG and 3/3 XP.  We can't go into the playoffs with a shaky kicker.  Gosko Gotta Go.

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Gosko was missing kicks last year, that's why BB let him go.

You pulled that statement out of your ass. Gostkowski went 7 for 8 (87.5%) last year before going down with a hip injury. BB didn’t bring him back due to health concerns, not because he was missing kicks.

7 minutes ago, TF_Titan said:

You pulled that statement out of your ass. Gostkowski went 7 for 8 (87.5%) last year before going down with a hip injury. BB didn’t bring him back due to health concerns, not because he was missing kicks.

The  ASPCA was tying to nail him for kicking his dog, they saw him try but he kept missing.