Just a few quick thoughts

code

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vaccaro had one of his best games today.

1, Tannehill has provided the Titans the best consistent QB play we have had since the Mac era and really better than much of the Mac era. 2. The inability to rush the passer is a killer. Clowney

3 hours ago, code said:

1, Tannehill has provided the Titans the best consistent QB play we have had since the Mac era and really better than much of the Mac era.

2. The inability to rush the passer is a killer. Clowney isn't in game shape. Landry has been mediocre. And while Simmons has been good, we are missing the explosion from Casey up the middle (I know, overrated, blah blah blah - not the last 6 -8 games of last season).

3. Likewise, we are missing Austin Johnson and his ability to clog the running lanes. 

4. Offensive line pass protection has been spectacular. Not so much in the running game.

5. Surprised we didn't try to push the ball downfield more against the Jags. Felt like the offensive play calling started to cover for the defense's inability to get off of the field.

6. Gardner Minshew is massively underrated. They don't need to draft Lawrence. Amazing what he is doing with just a bunch of guys around him.

7. Which speaks to not great back 7 play - though in truth, they got no help today from the rush.

8. Gostkowski still has plenty of leg. Have to hope he continues to come around. Missed extra point could have been a killer.

9. Didn't like the way the Titans failed to attack on that final scoring drive. Appreciate Vrabel's short memory with the K, but it just felt a very flaccid effort.

10. 2-0 doesn't happen very often here in Nashville - and the team clearly isn't playing their best football. As long as Tannehill and the Line are healthy, and Arthur Smith is calling the plays, team is going to be a tough out. 

Fun game . But didn't need to be as close as it ended. Shouldn't have been.

5. Surprised we didn't try to push the ball downfield more against the Jags. Felt like the offensive play calling started to cover for the defense's inability to get off of the field.

I think you have it right.  There're too many pieces missing on D to have them on the field too much.  The passing game was on today, but if we go in with a more open game there's a possibility right now the D might not hold if we wind up in a shootout.  Minshew is playing well, but part of it is the lack of film on him.  They had a lot of spacing today so he could see his targets.  Then with the game on the line, they closed him off and bingo.  That was maybe the worse pass he threw all day.

8. Gostkowski still has plenty of leg. Have to hope he continues to come around. Missed extra point could have been a killer.

We just need another kicker.  Gosko was missing kicks last year, that's why BB let him go.  He is personally putting extra pressure on the team making them have to adjust the attack because they don't know what will happen if he kicks.  He has missed 5 kicks.  FIVE in two games.  Today, Tucker was 4/4 FG and 3/3 XP.  We can't go into the playoffs with a shaky kicker.  Gosko Gotta Go.

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Gosko was missing kicks last year, that's why BB let him go.

You pulled that statement out of your ass. Gostkowski went 7 for 8 (87.5%) last year before going down with a hip injury. BB didn’t bring him back due to health concerns, not because he was missing kicks.

7 minutes ago, TF_Titan said:

You pulled that statement out of your ass. Gostkowski went 7 for 8 (87.5%) last year before going down with a hip injury. BB didn’t bring him back due to health concerns, not because he was missing kicks.

The  ASPCA was tying to nail him for kicking his dog, they saw him try but he kept missing.

2 hours ago, ctm said:

Henry had over 400 touches last year.  Not many RBs can handle that work load and sustain their productivity.

This is the biggest reason Darrynton Evans needs to heal up and get out there. Give him every 3rd series or so to let Henry rest up. Henry's best ball is usually in the 2nd half of games anyway after the defense starts getting tired. It'd be great if he were fresher going into the 4th so he can knock teams the fuck out.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

For the love of God. He hasnt even played a full season for us yet. Why do posters on this board jump on peoples dick so quickly only to throw them under the bus shortly afterwards when they go downhill? This was the same shit with Mariota. All those posters showing dumbass "first 2 season stat comparison" bull shit. McNair gave multiple seasons of top level play. Lets wait until Tannehill has done the same before we start comparing the 2. 

5 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

You guys are looking at it all wrong----yes, Henry's numbers haven't been what we grew to expect last year, but his very presence in the backfield is opening a ton of room in the passing game. The simple threat of him in the backfield has been worth his contract so far.

And, you know that (eventually) teams will start to drop more guys into coverage to keep Tannehill from gathering chunks of yardage, at which point we'll see the Derrick Henry we all loved from last year wasting fools on the 2nd level when he gets through an unstacked box. 

It feels nice to have 2 guys that are capable of taking over a game on offense.

That's the way I feel about it.  I'm not too worried about Henry.  Yeah, he's looked soft at times, but he's pushed for hard yards too.  

The run game will only get better as we work out the bugs, in the mean time the passing game is working just fine.  It's clear a defensive game plan can't mainly be to stop the run on us.  

The defense is more troublesome to me.  Hopefully once we get some guys back, it'll improve, but I'm not sold on being DC-less.  I guess a positive is several young players are getting starting experience quickly.  Lots of tape to watch and learn from.  Could prove beneficial as the season progresses.  Good thing we've managed wins in their learning on the job.  

40 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

For the love of God. He hasnt even played a full season for us yet. Why do posters on this board jump on peoples dick so quickly only to throw them under the bus shortly afterwards when they go downhill? This was the same shit with Mariota. All those posters showing dumbass "first 2 season stat comparison" bull shit. McNair gave multiple seasons of top level play. Lets wait until Tannehill has done the same before we start comparing the 2. 

What do you expect from a fanbase that hasn't seen solid QB play since the McNair days? Honestly look at the shit show we've had over the past decade +. RT has done enough to win me over and I just hope it continues. I don't remember the last time I wasn't holding my breath on 3rd down. We finally can move the chains consistently and it feels good. Enjoy it while yea can. 

13 hours ago, Bluth said:

What do you expect from a fanbase that hasn't seen solid QB play since the McNair days? Honestly look at the shit show we've had over the past decade +. RT has done enough to win me over and I just hope it continues. I don't remember the last time I wasn't holding my breath on 3rd down. We finally can move the chains consistently and it feels good. Enjoy it while yea can. 

Yes he has been good so far and Im happy with him as well. That doesnt mean he is in discussions with people like McNair or Moon yet. That takes years to accomplish. People need to stop making such stupid declarations. Like I said people were doing the same shit with Mariota. Comparing his early season stats and making claims he was the best QB this franchise had ever had. Its pathetic.  I would say you have to have at least 3 years of top play to be in the same discussions as McNair or Moon.