Just a few quick thoughts

code

14 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

For the love of God. He hasnt even played a full season for us yet. Why do posters on this board jump on peoples dick so quickly only to throw them under the bus shortly afterwards when they go downhill? This was the same shit with Mariota. All those posters showing dumbass "first 2 season stat comparison" bull shit. McNair gave multiple seasons of top level play. Lets wait until Tannehill has done the same before we start comparing the 2. 

I'm about as big a Henry guy as you'll find but I don't see anyone going crazy or over the top in criticizing him. Most are just pointing to the reality that as of right now, mostly due to external factors but also a little bit on Henry, he isn't producing with nearly the same efficiency as last season. That's a fact and just because we all expect things to improve that doesn't make it out of bounds to mention. It's ironic that you bring up Mariota because part of this board's problem with him was that they didn't want to hear anything slightly negative about him until those negatives cost him the job. Obviously that won't happen with Henry but still; it's ok to talk about negatives. No one is freaking out...yet lol.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vaccaro had one of his best games today.

1, Tannehill has provided the Titans the best consistent QB play we have had since the Mac era and really better than much of the Mac era. 2. The inability to rush the passer is a killer. Clowney

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm about as big a Henry guy as you'll find but I don't see anyone going crazy or over the top in criticizing him. Most are just pointing to the reality that as of right now, mostly due to external factors but also a little bit on Henry, he isn't producing with nearly the same efficiency as last season. That's a fact and just because we all expect things to improve that doesn't make it out of bounds to mention. It's ironic that you bring up Mariota because part of this board's problem with him was that they didn't want to hear anything slightly negative about him until those negatives cost him the job. Obviously that won't happen with Henry but still; it's ok to talk about negatives. No one is freaking out...yet lol.

wth are you talking about? What does Henry have to do with anything? This is people already trying to put Tannehill on the same level as guys like McNair and Moon. With less than 16 starts he is somehow already better than players who put in years. Thats whats being talked about. Henry is fine and has nothing to do with the conversation. 

3 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

wth are you talking about? What does Henry have to do with anything? This is people already trying to put Tannehill on the same level as guys like McNair and Moon. With less than 16 starts he is somehow already better than players who put in years. Thats whats being talked about. Henry is fine and has nothing to do with the conversation. 

Lol, I totally misread your post. Now that I read it correctly...I still disagree. Tannehill is the best passer we've seen in TN.

Just now, Blackjack said:

Get out of here with all your facts! 

When you sign the big contract everything gets more magnified. But Henry and the run game has typically started slower. They get going as the season goes on. I'm not concerned. In a way I'm ok with it because its forcing Tannehill to carry more of the load.

17 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

None of that changes the fact that Tannehill has been a much better QB and especially much better passer than McNair

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

None of that changes the fact that Tannehill has been a much better QB and especially much better passer than McNair

No he hasnt. Aside form the fact McNair played in a different era, got us to the SB, and was a MVP, he also gave us multiple years of great play. Tannehill hasnt done any of that yet. 

1 minute ago, GOAT9 said:

No he hasnt. Aside form the fact McNair played in a different era, got us to the SB, and was a MVP, he also gave us multiple years of great play. Tannehill hasnt done any of that yet. 

You're talking accomplishments. No one has said Tannehill has accomplished more than McNair. We're saying he's a better passer than McNair, which he is IMO

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

It's not a lifetime achievement award. Tannehill is flat out just more efficient and accurate.

Not comparable. Different Eras, unless you can come up with a way to adjust for that. He has to play at a great level in todays standards as long as mcnair did at a geat level in his for anything to be compared.