Just a few quick thoughts

code

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vaccaro had one of his best games today.

1, Tannehill has provided the Titans the best consistent QB play we have had since the Mac era and really better than much of the Mac era. 2. The inability to rush the passer is a killer. Clowney

1 hour ago, nine said:

Seems to me Henry's having trouble running in any direction.   

Or breaking a tackle....or making the first guy miss.....or creating his own yards-after-contact....or doing *any* of the things that made him such a dominant rusher the past couple years.

I doubt many will agree with me....but IMO,  these first two games have been Henry's most ineffective performances since the beginning of the 2018 season.     But he had a couple nice runs today and showed a couple flashes of his usual self....which is more than he did in week one.   Here's to hoping he returns to form sooner rather than later.

Teams have found a way to get beat by our QB

This is one of the more athletic and skilled groups on offense that we've had.  I get wanting to run on teams that are specifically trying to stop the run...but at some point you have to realize that maybe its easier to throw to open up the run.  In the first game, we could chalk it up to missed field goals being the main issue.  This second, however, it's obvious how teams are going to attack our offense this  year.  Maybe our offensive line will gel together and start moving the ball against these stacked fronts, but it just seems like there is an easier answer to beating those overloaded fronts.

13 minutes ago, ctm said:

Henry had over 400 touches last year.  Not many RBs can handle that work load and sustain their productivity.

Henry looks like he still has pop to his runs though.  If he was trudging to the line like an asthmatic Lendale White, I'd get that, but he's still got burst.  He hasn't been able to break tackles at the same rate, but he's not been in many positions to beat a man in the 1v1 this year either.  I'm not overly concerned.  If this is happening by the midway point of the season, it'll be more worrying.

Edited by Yoshimitsu

3 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Henry looks like he still has pop to his runs though.  If he was trudging to the line like an asthmatic Lendale White, I'd get that, but he's still got burst.  He hasn't been able to break tackles at the same rate, but he's not been in many positions to beat a man in the 1v1 this year either.  I'm not overly concerned.  If this is happening by the midway point of the season, I'll be more concerned.

Henry typically gets stronger in the  2nd half. Not concerned yet either. It's early.

4 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Henry looks like he still has pop to his runs though.  If he was trudging to the line like an asthmatic Lendale White, I'd get that, but he's still got burst.  He hasn't been able to break tackles at the same rate, but he's not been in many positions to beat a man in the 1v1 this year either.  I'm not overly concerned.  If this is happening by the midway point of the season, I'll be more concerned.

Yea, I'm not saying its a problem yet but if you were judging after 2 games then the NFL experts have gotten it exactly reversed on which player would regress.  It's Henry, not Tannehill.

25 minutes ago, Bluth said:

Another note is Cameron Batson looked great today. He caught everything thrown his way and has some nice speed.

I'm not worried about Henry yet, he'll get in the groove soon enough. 

Batson looked solid in 2018. I remember he made some nice plays vs Dallas that year.